PDA

View Full Version : tax credit query

chels55
19-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Do tax credits check on all parents that claim the childcare element? i was wondering as when i have time off they dont pay me so might have to pay some back. Do they sent the childminder a form to record the payments that have been made to you?

sarah707
19-11-2008, 07:49 AM
I have had 2 lots of forms in over 14 years minding, to check who claims what for paying me.

Parents have to make annual declarations, so I imagine if they are honest then it is adjusted the next year.

it's all a bit hit and miss isn't it? :(

chels55
19-11-2008, 08:00 AM
So if they have been over paid they dont have to repay the fees all in one lump sum. Im a bit worried as if they do exagerate the truth i will be the one who gets them in trouble.
All i have as proof of their payments is what i record myself is that ok?

cloud9
19-11-2008, 08:04 AM
So if they have been over paid they dont have to repay the fees all in one lump sum. Im a bit worried as if they do exagerate the truth i will be the one who gets them in trouble.
All i have as proof of their payments is what i record myself is that ok?

yes that is fine. we currently arent responsible for informing the tax credits office of what a parent pays unless requested, hopefully it stays that way!

chels55
19-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks so much.
Im so glad i found this forum everyone is so helpful :)

Pudding Girl
19-11-2008, 08:16 AM
You are not liable for any overpayments, just the claimants. Rather like Housing Benefit.