PDA

View Full Version : settling in a baby

kindredspirits
18-11-2008, 04:13 PM
i had my first morning with a 1 year old baby today. shes such a cutie - but did scream blue murder 80% of the time. i was expecting it as mum and dad say she doesn't settle with anyone, even grandparents. she actually fell asleep in my husbands arms!!!!!
i'm hoping it'll get better - she did cry for me when mum was taking her away, and has been putting her arms up for me so its not like its a total desparate situation, but i'm just curious roughly how long you'd expect a just turned 1 baby to settle - she'll only be 2 days a week!!

tia
anna xx

madasahatter
18-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Expect things to get slightly better each time, but it may take a few weeks for you to become a a sufficiently famliar figure for her to feel properly comfortable with you. I've just gone through it with one of my mindees siblings. She started coming one day a week in September (then 6 months old). It took several weeks before she was happy (and only crying when tired/hungry etc). Mum thinks I'm amazing, as baby now will happily accept cuddles from her grandparents/aunts/friends etc which she would not do before. She would scream blue murder whenever anyone visited and not stop until they went (or she fell asleep).

roseybev
18-11-2008, 06:03 PM
things will get better but will be slow with just at yours 2 days a week .it took one of my mindee 3 months to settle in and had to speck to mum to see if see could come 3 days which helped ,also found that baby was better when she could walk good luck hang in there:)

Trouble
18-11-2008, 06:18 PM
it does take time

my perfect smiley baby has started crying alot she was fine between 7 - 12 months its normal:eek:

good luck

balloon
18-11-2008, 06:25 PM
I had an 8 month old start a couple of months ago and she screamed blue murder for about 6 weeks but now is a little angel with smiles and giggles all the time. It was hard work but I'm glad I presevered with it as she's so gorgeous now.

acorns
18-11-2008, 06:51 PM
I had a 12 month old start in July 3 days pw and it took him about 3 months with me to not scream all day - so a long time but he is much better now - just not today though!!