PDA

View Full Version : Changing in and out of school uniform

yummymummy
18-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Am I being the childminding version of Victor Meldrew?!!!
Have two who come Monday and Tuesday, one goes to morning nursery so gets sent in full uniform (private school so hat, scarf, fleece, raincoat, pinafore, shirt, tie, sweatshirt, thick woolly tights and the most difficult shoes!!!) and the other goes to afternoon nursery so comes in normal clothes. BUT I feel like I am non stop getting them dressed and undressed. Mum of morning child wants her changed into normal clothes when she gets home and before she has lunch and mum of afternoon child wants him changed into uniform after lunch but obviously ready for nursery and then changed back into normal clothes after I've collected him! Never thought about it before as all other children I've had don't wear uniform for nursery. Should I just put up and shut up as I am actually being paid whilst they are there and put it down to one of those little niggles of childminding or should I say something? :eek:

Twinkles
18-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Sorry can't see a way around this except to teach them very quickly how to dress/undress themselves !

tinkerbelle
18-11-2008, 02:01 PM
i have two who go to nursery in uniform one is in it all day the other changes before dinner (morning nursery) she dresses herself i just help her with buttons and make sure her clothes are not inside out i personally would not want my own kids sat in uniform all day especially if at childcare as messy play does not always come out of clothes

mandy moo
18-11-2008, 02:19 PM
my mindee is 4 1/2, she stays in her uniform. although ive asked 2 or 3 for a change of clothes..
as I like them to get changed, just in case her uniform gets dirty..
but then she doesnt go back to school in the afternoon..
I do think it's one of those things youll have to put up with unfortunatly..
Sorry, Not much help I'm afraid:(
Mandy

ruby
18-11-2008, 02:27 PM
sorry i agree it just one of those things we have to put up with although i do agree it can be a pain

we had 3 untill July who all went to nursery in the afternoon so all need to
have their lunch, be changed and in nursery by 12.45 was bedlam at times

cathy

emmadines
18-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I have 4 before and after schoolers, it was 3 of them that change after school but now its only 2 of them as the mums not too worried as we dont go out as its too cold and too wet (my gardens like a bog)

sarah707
18-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Welcome to my world! :o

I've found over the years the best thing to do is to put up and shut up and think of payday :D

Bushpig
18-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Welcome to my world! :o

I've found over the years the best thing to do is to put up and shut up and think of payday :D

Ditto Sarah! :)

madasahatter
18-11-2008, 05:56 PM
It's just one of those things we have to do. I've got one child who is at nursery in an afternoon. Usually she comes in normal clothes with her uniform in a bag. If for some reason she comes in her uniform I find it very limiting with regards to activities as she is one of those children who is a natural muck-magnet. I usually resort to rummaging through my spares box so she can join in and I don't have to change my plans.
My school age children stay in their uniforms but in the hols I insist they bring a change of clothes just in case (though in the summer hols I had to lend some of my clothes to my 10 year old mindee (girl:D ). She's quitetall and I'm still skinny:ROFL1: )

balloon
18-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't have to do this at the moment as none of my mindees go to school or nursery, but I think that it would just be something I would just accept and get on with tbh.

I teach the little ones to get dressed themselves as early as possible as part of their 'becoming independent' so hopefully it will just be a run on from that...

yummymummy
19-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Amazed that you all seem to be doing this already. I have minded a long time and have never had this uniform business with pre schools and nurseries before so guess it is just the way things are now. The funny thing is they come back with their uniforms much more filthy from nursery than they ever get here! :eek:

Andrea08
19-11-2008, 02:04 PM
when parents ask what we have done all day they 4get about the time it takes just to get all the children changed and coats on and off!!!

it took me almost 20mins to get them all ready as i went bk to child no.1 who had took her shoes off again!!:panic:

so now we buddy up and the older children get ready by themselfs and i start with the little ones then they get passed to a buddy so not to run off and strip off!! YES one little monkey stripped off but left socks on!! and yes he a little man hehehe

its the childminding world hun, like unblocking the loo coz no one has flushed it :panic: got a new loo and its a push button but mindees carnt do it !?

good luck and observations on zips and buttons self help dressing etc xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
19-11-2008, 02:21 PM
I think it is one of those things that we have to endure.

Once they are after schoolers they get themselves sorted - thank goodness

Hannahlg
19-11-2008, 07:02 PM
we have a little boy who gse to moring school he coems in school uinfrom and then we he gets changed when he coems home but he can dress himself just needs help with buttons

but 2 years ago we looked after 3 girls all the same age all went to moring school akk 3 of them changed clothes when there got home but again there could do it themselfs

angeldelight
19-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry can't see a way around this except to teach them very quickly how to dress/undress themselves !

Yep I agree

Good luck

Angel xx

Blaze
19-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Ditto Sarah! :)

Think I should just follow Sarah around the forum & quote her as she always puts exactly what I want to say in print & usually better then I could!:rolleyes: :D