PDA

View Full Version : Fire evacuation procedure/emergency

Minnie mouse
18-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi i have a fire evacuation procedure and wondered if i can use the same procedure and call it my emergency procedure? to show how we would evacuate for reasons other than a fire i.e gas/water leak. Or should an emergency procedure be for i.e a child has an accident and they need to be taken to hospital?
If anyone has an emergency procedure that i could have a look at i would be very grateful, just so i know what sort of things to put im ny own and what the layout looks like etc.
Many thanks

sarah707
18-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't see why you can't use it!

It's the same thing just include fire, gas, water and other emergencies.

draw the layout of your house and show location of extinguisher, fire blanket and exits for a plan.

Hth :D

Minnie mouse
18-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi sarah thanks very much thats is what i have done and was going to change it to emergency instead of fire evacuation procedure. But i just wondered if i should also have an emergency procedure in place for if a child or myself has a serious accident and emergency contacts/childminders and parents need to be contacted? :)

sarah707
18-11-2008, 03:54 PM
No reason why you can't put that in with the rest of the policy...

In an emergency I will... ring parents, ring emergency contacts etc...

Something like this will be in your accident / incident policy anyway, you can refer one to the other

balloon
19-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for bringing this topic up. I thought I'd done all my policies but guess I'll be working on this one later, lol!

What would I do without you guys?