18-11-2008, 01:04 PM
hI eVERYONE

DONT ANY OF YOU DO A DAILY DIARY
IF SO WHAT THING DO YOU PUT IN IT

THANKS ALOT LUV SUE XXXX

cherry
18-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Here's a link to the same question

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19891&highlight=Daily+diary

Twinkles
18-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I do daily diaries. In them I put where we went, what we did , how the child was that day , what they enjoyed doing. Anything significant ( accidents etc as well as in my accident book ).
What/how much they ate/ drank and when they ate /drank it. Any naps and what time they were.
How many soiled or wet nappies they had.

saintsue
18-11-2008, 01:25 PM
thanks alot

what i meant to say was a daily diary for me

i already do a dairy for the children

thanks alot
luv sue xxxxx

sarah707
18-11-2008, 01:29 PM
always!

it's the only way I can look back over the months and see what we have done and where we have been... also an easy way of seeing who was here on what days and whether there were any issues etc.

Hth :D

balloon
18-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I do one each for all three of the little ones I care for but don't do one for me. I used to but foud I was spending so long writing it all up every day...

A couple of days ago I was trying to work out when something happened though and hadn't noted it down so am now thinking that the extra work may be worth it, lol!

roseybev
18-11-2008, 07:04 PM
i have one big diary for everyone it always out and all my parents can look at it anytime .i only do daily diaries for the under 2 .i put in it when they slept what they ate and what we did all day .my big diary my parents had to sign a letter to say they did not want daily diaries and they were happy to read my big book in it kids names are in it all its says what we did and where we went my officers were happy with it i told them i did not have time to write 6 diaries every day it about the care of the kids not papper work;)

PixiePetal
18-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I always scribble a few notes in mine. If I get behind on accounts, I know where I have been, with who and what it cost, who enjoyed something or when we are meeting other CM at groups etc

Would be lost without it!

ChocolateChip
19-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Yes I write allsorts in mine!
I write who was here and when, I keep a tally of my working hours for each week, and the number of snacks/meals given to help with my accounts and milk forms.
I write where we went, the cost and mileage, what activities we did, and of course the normal stuff like dentist appointments, courses and if anyone has holidays, or extra days booked in,school holidays, special events etc.
It also has birthdays, contract reviews, insurance renewals, car tax etc so I can prepare for the expense of the coming months.

I did wonder if it was worth the extra few minutes writing it up but it helps me so much with accounts, planning and allsorts that I have bought an A4 page-a-day for next year!:laughing:

angeldelight
19-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Yes but mine is more of a note book with pages hanging out

I write here there and everywhere in it and in no order

Its about the only thing that is not organised like every thing else is

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

mandy moo
19-11-2008, 01:21 PM
I think the A4 one might be a good idea for me as I can never remember wot I've done that day apart from wiping snotty noses and reminding LO s to say please and thankyou a lot :laughing:
I also put arrival and departure times down in mine too
The snacks and stuff is a good idea,
better get back down Wilkos then..lol
Mandy