PDA

View Full Version : Get ready for some new Safeguarding courses

crazybones
18-11-2008, 11:43 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7734576.stm

hillbilly
18-11-2008, 12:33 PM
inevitable, knee jerk reaction. Let just retrain everyone and start up another new system,instead of getting down to the nitty gritty that social workers case loads are just too high.....:angry:

Andrea08
18-11-2008, 12:42 PM
GOOD because there are too many who need the training, and im not just talking about childminders i mean social services understanding their JOB!!

i have been on about 7 safeguarding courses use to be call child protection, and im still shocked when people say "OH NO not an other course!" well if it will save a life then i think its GOOD

far too many people are scared to report because they dont understan the outcomes, not all children are rushed away at the dead of night from their parents, in most cases families are given support in their area of need.

children at rist should be removed from the danger and if that DANGER is some crazy mother and her men then so be it and then baby P would still be with us.

sorry but still a bit upset about it all x

balloon
19-11-2008, 08:17 AM
I wonder if this will actually work. I, like most people, have been deeply upset about poor little baby P, but think it would be more to the point if the people that actually dealt with these families had some sort of accountability - maybe then they would do their jobs properly and these poor kids would actually be protected.

I suppose if that happened nobody would want to work in child protection though so the poor little mites would get failed even more...

Pipsqueak
19-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Anything that brings the agencies together and earlier intervention should only be a good thing but we don't need more desk jockeys - we need more people "on the ground" out there doing the nitty gritty of the job. Perhaps some of these managers should be getting of their backsides and going out and seeing what is really going on.

As has been said already - the case loads of social workers, I am sure are a lot.