PDA

View Full Version : what else to do for pre reg inspection

sorrel
18-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi i just wanted to know if there is anything else you think i should do to prepare for my pre reg inspection, i have done risk assessments for all rooms i want registered, as well as one for trips by foot, and trips in the car. I have done floor plan and evacuation plan, as well as the policies. I need to put up 2 stair gates and put plug sockets, and safety locks on cupboard doors, do i need to do that before pre inspection or as long as its covered in my risk ass and they know i intednd to do it befoer i look after children, is that ok? I'm thinking the only thing left to do now is study the EYFS and get my head round that (not an easy task!) have i missed anything? any tips on the pre reg inspection would be great!

xx

Debster
18-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi i just wanted to know if there is anything else you think i should do to prepare for my pre reg inspection, i have done risk assessments for all rooms i want registered, as well as one for trips by foot, and trips in the car. I have done floor plan and evacuation plan, as well as the policies. I need to put up 2 stair gates and put plug sockets, and safety locks on cupboard doors, do i need to do that before pre inspection or as long as its covered in my risk ass and they know i intednd to do it befoer i look after children, is that ok? I'm thinking the only thing left to do now is study the EYFS and get my head round that (not an easy task!) have i missed anything? any tips on the pre reg inspection would be great!

xx

Wow you sound well prepared I had mine on wednesday and the best advise I can give you is go through that white booklet preparing for your registration visit and write the answers to all the questions they are in the same order as the EYFS stat framework book. she will ask pretty much all these questions. Have your CRB forms completed and ready with your ID and relax its not that bad they really are human and are there to help you. If any thing is missed it will be put down as an action for you to complete they don't expect you have done everything
Debs

Peppa
20-11-2008, 10:49 AM
I haven't done my cupboards or sockets either!

Well hope it goes well!

I have only just sent of my forms, I was smiling when i posted them, now I am dreading the call!!!!!

I'm sure all will be fine!

angeldelight
20-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Wow very impressive

Everything sounds fine and im sure it will go ok

She is there to give you support so dont worry

Good luck

Angel xx

sorrel
20-11-2008, 07:17 PM
thanks guys, i'll keep you posted. How long after you posted the forms back to ofsted did you get your visit?

x

vickie83
20-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I got a call to ask when was the best time for me within a week of posting them.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Debster
21-11-2008, 01:19 PM
thanks guys, i'll keep you posted. How long after you posted the forms back to ofsted did you get your visit?

x

I got a call from ofsted to say they had recieved my forms on the Thursady and I got a call from the inspector on the Monday to visit Wednesday so less than a week I couldn't catch my breath but better over and done with. I could have put her off for a few days but I figured I would only stress more and if I had missed anything she would tell me anyway.
Debs

Peppa
21-11-2008, 08:36 PM
argh!!!!!!!!!! wow that quick!:eek:

Less time to worry i suppose!