PDA

View Full Version : Carry a baby & push a double??

acorns
17-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I'll soon be looking after a 6 month old in addition to my current 2 x 16month olds. I'm looking into pushchair options and wondrered if anyone uses a baby carrier and pushes a double pushchair? How to you get on with getting them in/out & seeing to the littlest one? Is a front or a back carrier better? How hard is it to get out n about?
Hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!!

Blaze
17-11-2008, 11:41 PM
It's doable, but personally I'd swallow the cost & buy a triple!:)

acorns
17-11-2008, 11:45 PM
mmmm I could always e'bay it when one walks

brighter
18-11-2008, 07:58 AM
How about those add on's? Do you know what I am talking about? They are an kind of emergency seat which just folds out when needed. But only the 16month old could go on it not the baby.

brighter
18-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Here is a link:

http://www.babybabyshop.co.uk/item--Seat-2-Go-buggy-board--seat_2_go

However, there is one which attaches to the side of the buggy and the child gets a proper backrest as well, but I can't find it now, I think it's JoJo or Blooming Marvellous who sell them.

:)

balloon
18-11-2008, 08:08 AM
I mind 2 under ones and a two YO

I've used a backpack carrier and pushed the twin but its not good as its hard to see to the carried one when they cry and really hard to get the carrier off without help/a table or bed to lean it on.

Youngest mindees is only 7 kg but still too heavy for me to carry in front and triple is not really viable due to narrow streets and a huge amount of old people type scooters that ride on the paths here.

i encourage the 2YO to walk, lol!

Donkey
18-11-2008, 08:10 AM
I have this problem too..

I have a 1 year old, my dd a 14 month old and a not very good walking 2.5 year old.

my dd is still under 9kg despite eating like a horse, so I was going to put her in the carrier. thankfully I didnt need to do this, think I need to talk to mum about her 2.5 year old and walking with reins.....

hillbilly
18-11-2008, 08:42 AM
What about adding a buggy pod? They look like they would do a great job, and you can take them off/on to suit you

http://www.revelo.co.uk/

HOpe this helps

Kelly

acorns
18-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks a lot - I was looking at buggy pods but have read reviews where they have collapsed with the child in them:panic: Don't fancy explaining that to Ofsted. I could put my own one into the buggy pod then I just have to explain to OH!! I think there is no ideal way to move 3 around. I have seen a quad pushchair but they're really expensive.

singlewiththree
18-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm going to have a similar problem as my 3yr old walks at a snail pace and to get to school which takes 10mins without her we leave 30mins earlier so I have taken to putting her in the double with my 2yr old however when I get a child to care for they are going in the double so it was either try and fit the buggy board to an already difficult to steer mamas and papas double or get a buggypod or carry on leaving 30mins earlier seeing as she is due to start school in sept herself and therefore wont be in the buggy then as mindee No2 will start in her place :)

gemhei
18-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Id buy a tripple buggy as those baby carriers are what did my back in when DS was a baby, most of them only last until 9mth too so a bit of a waste of money just for 2 mths. Like you say you could always sell the buggy when you need to and get most the money back if its in good condition.

acorns
18-11-2008, 10:13 PM
The parents have now signed on the dotted line & paid the deposit so I better make a decison

Lou
18-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I use a buggy board on the back of my double buggy, i have muscles like Arnie LOL

ChocolateChip
18-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I have a Litaf seat2 go on my double which my dd uses when I have 3 lo's, but I think it's only supposed to be from 30months old, she used it from about 20mths, although wouldn't do that with a mindee, obviously!
I find it's really easy once you get going, although I did trip over it a lot to start with :laughing:

angeldelight
18-11-2008, 10:40 PM
The parents have now signed on the dotted line & paid the deposit so I better make a decison

Well done

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Angel xx

acorns
18-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Thinking I might go for the easylife jogger
http://www.jusonne.co.uk/sport-double-jogger-with-toddler-seat-pushchair-stroller-twin-444-p.asp
The price though:eek:
I can justify it though (if only to myself) as I dont use a car for minding and it's a lot cheaper than buying one!!
Then the one thats walking well can use it when he wants and when he walks all the time I can take the seat off
At this rate i'll never make a profitWhy am I having sleepless nights over a pushchair:rolleyes: