PDA

View Full Version : Has any one ever registered a cellar

kiddiwinks
17-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi we have recently had our cellar done, my children use it as there own play/relax room as it is a pretty large room we have put our old leather sofa and a new t.v for there wii/xbox and i have put most of toy's down their and bring up for mindees. (Hubby getting fed up with all toys in dining room)
Once down in the cellar you really cant tell that it was a cellar apart from the celing only 6ft it is very comfortable and warm as there is also a radiator. The floor is tiled all the way up the stairs to hall. (i am going to put a carpet runner down the stairs as the floor can get slippy when wet.) We have smoke alarm and extracter fan but no window.

Do you think ofsted would register this just for the older children, or has anyone had theirs done.

Jules12Wed
17-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Sounds fab, wish I had one!

kiddiwinks
17-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Sounds fab, wish I had one!

It has turned out loads better than i thought it would and is a large room, it does seem a shame if older ones can't use it. But not sure if they would be able because of fire escape with no window.

tulip0803
17-11-2008, 06:32 PM
I am sorry I don't know but they may have an issue in how the children can get out in the case of an emergency. Only OFSTED can give you an answer.

kiddiwinks
17-11-2008, 06:35 PM
I am sorry I don't know but they may have an issue in how the children can get out in the case of an emergency. Only OFSTED can give you an answer.

I am going to ring tomorrow, was wondering if anyone else had done it as alot are doing cellars nowadays

tulip0803
17-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I have one that isn't done out. CSSIW inspected it as they inspect the whole house. We are thinking we might do it at some point in the distant future but our house is on a steep hill and the cellar is underground at the front but has a back door onto levelish garden at the back & 2 windows to the side so we could put another door in to have 2 proper exits (with a bit of digging and a lot of money:rolleyes: )