PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy cars

Eagles4ever
17-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi I wonder if someone can help me please.

I took my car in for a service today and got given a courtesy car. I thought I'd get my car back tonight (I've got no CM children today). Unfortunately the garage have just phoned and said they need to keep my car till tomorrow.

What I need to know is where I stand with insurance. Obviously my car is insured for business use but does that cover me for the courtesy car? I've got CM children tomorrow and will have them with me when I take the courtesy car back.

Minstrel
17-11-2008, 03:55 PM
give your insurer a call as only they will be able to give you a def answer x

mimo
17-11-2008, 04:25 PM
check with the garage as it is their insurance you will be driving on whilst in their courtesy car . It will more than likely be ok though as normally the insurance for courtesy car is normally part of the garages motor traders policy and therefore suitable for buisness use

Minstrel
17-11-2008, 04:28 PM
i was just thinking that when the children arrive tomorrow perhaps you should get them to sign a quick note saying they agree to let them travel in the car. maybe?

i think i would just to cover back incase they say they only agreed to your own car x

Michelle M
17-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I agree that you should check with your insurnace company. Let us know what they say :)

sskent08
17-11-2008, 07:45 PM
hello

when I have had a courtesy car,my car insurance has been swapped for the courtesy car, so it is insured the same as my car

but yes, you need to check

get them to fax/email you confirmation. I would call them now!!!

x

breezy
17-11-2008, 08:32 PM
hello

when I have had a courtesy car,my car insurance has been swapped for the courtesy car, so it is insured the same as my car

but yes, you need to check

get them to fax/email you confirmation. I would call them now!!!

x

same here, when I have a courtesy car they just transfer my insurance over so it's exactly the same, check though.

mandy moo
18-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi
just to say my husband has his own buisness, he is a motor mechanic, he also has a courtesy car he gives to customers.
I asked him and said it was a bit of a grey area and something about third partyies being involved as well as, but as a 'normal customer' w/o childminded children, its fully comp/buisiness insurance.
He said you could either get the telephone number of the insurance company your mechanic uses, or as been said call your own.
Dont know if that any help
Mandy

Eagles4ever
18-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi, thanks everyone for your replies.

I rang my insurance company who said I would be covered but I also got written permission from the parent involved as well just to be on the safe side.