PDA

View Full Version : Terminating Contracts

lizzymoonshine
17-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi

Just need some more advice, not been a very good and seriously questioned my career.

Have had another thread on about one of my parents.

Decided i am going to terminate the contract. After much careful consideration i have decided this is the best way forward.

Does anyone know how to word the letter. Have spoken to my tutor to advise me and she told me to avoid telling her how i feel, but i think that is playing a large part of why i am terminating the contract.

:(

miffy
17-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi Lizzy sorry you're having problems

I agree, it's best to keep your termination letter short and to the point. There is less chance then of it being taken personally by the parent and there being any kick-back from it.

So just something like

Dear .........

I am writing to give you four weeks (or whatever is in your contract) of termination of our contract for the care of .............(child's name).

My last day of care for ....... will be ................(whatever date)

Yours ...............

HTH's

Miffy xx

sarah707
17-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I totally agree with Miffy.

Keep as much emotion out of it as possible.

Good luck xx

Michelle M
17-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Touch wood never had to do this, but just wanted to wish you luck :)

lizzymoonshine
17-11-2008, 07:24 PM
hi thanks all

Had a terrible couple of weeks. I've never had to terminate a contract, didn't really want to start now. In all my four and a half years i have never had such an awful situation. I have serious doubts about continuing minding if i'm hones.

:crying:

sarah707
17-11-2008, 07:39 PM
We all go through bad stages and times when the child or the family just don't fit or we don't fit with them.

This does not mean we are no good at our job.

It just means that we need to look at what went wrong, learn from it if possible, chalk it up to experience and move on.

If you remember why you started childminding in the first place and that's no longer relevant, then you might be at the time to move on. Otherwise give yourself a break and stop doubting yourself.

Take care xx

Nettynoo
17-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I agree with all of the above!!! I had the worst day on Friday and had to call parent to collect mindee immediately!! Today, he has been perfection personified!!! Know it won't last but will be on my guard from now on!!

I don't know what your issues are but I do wish you lots of luck and just remember you are doing your utmost best and have everyones best interests at heart!!

Can't please 'em all, so please yourself!!!!!

balloon
18-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I haven't had to deal with anything like this yet so no pearls of wisdom, just wanted to wish you good luck

miffy
18-11-2008, 09:11 PM
We all go through bad stages and times when the child or the family just don't fit or we don't fit with them.

This does not mean we are no good at our job.

It just means that we need to look at what went wrong, learn from it if possible, chalk it up to experience and move on.

If you remember why you started childminding in the first place and that's no longer relevant, then you might be at the time to move on. Otherwise give yourself a break and stop doubting yourself.

Take care xx

I agree with all Sarah's said.

Don't be too hard on yourself

Hope you are OK

Miffy xx