PDA

View Full Version : Hold up a minuite

nat1664
21-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Ive just been having a nose around the Ofsted web site, and found this, last few lines are most important

We've continued to develop - and consult on - what we do, and there are updates in this edition on most of the key initiatives under way. These include developments to inspection - at the moment Initial Teacher Education, Fostering, and the Early Years Foundation Stage frameworks are in the spotlight. And we're preparing our contribution to the important new Comprehensive Area Assessment (CAA) which replaces joint inspectorate reviews and assessments of Local Authority children's services in less than 18 months. We're also seeking your views on plans to publish childminders' names and addresses for the first time.

OMG

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Well that is news to me

Or did they mention something of this last year ?

Angel xx

Tily Bud
21-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I definately dont want my name and address published !!

I know my report can be viewed through my website but that is my choice and it doesnt link anywhere with my address !!

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 08:12 PM
I agree Cheryl

xx

Blaze
21-01-2008, 08:12 PM
It was mentioned last year...if you go to the ofsted website you do an online form on your views on this...I'm sure it's also on the forum somewhere too!
Tasha:)

charleyfarley
21-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Did we not have to fill in a questionaire about this??

I would never agree to my address being published

Carol xx

Blaze
21-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Did we not have to fill in a questionaire about this??

I would never agree to my address being published

Carol xx

that's what's on the ofsted website that I mentioned in my previous post.

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah did I put it on the old forum or Pauline , Sarah or Dee or was it you Tasha haha

I will see if I can find it

Angel xx

miffy
21-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm sure that this was talked about when plans were first made to put our ofsted reports on the internet but it was changed to just your registration number.

What with this, higher registration costs and all the paperwork that goes with EYFS it looks like ofsted are just trying to sneak evrything past us hoping we don't notice

Miffy xx

Banana
21-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Surely publishing names and addresses of childminders on the Ofsted website is a confidentiality issue. I personally do not want my address on the ofsted website.... dont think its their best idea!

x

charleyfarley
21-01-2008, 08:21 PM
that's what's on the ofsted website that I mentioned in my previous post.

Sorry Tasha

Your post wasn't there when I posted as I'm slow in replying and get side tracked

Carol xx

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah that happens to me all the time Carol

Sometimes I start to reply then decide I need a drink half way through I come back and the person has had lots of replies and I just repeat myself haha

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
21-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I certainly wouldnt want my full address details publishing on any website even OFSTED's, surley it is a confidentiality issue and also a safety issue. Anyone could just turn up willy nilly on your door unexpected.

x

Lou
21-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I certainly wouldnt want my full address details publishing on any website even OFSTED's, surley it is a confidentiality issue and also a safety issue. Anyone could just turn up willy nilly on your door unexpected.

x

yeah i agree, but people can get your address from cis, and i have had a bloke turn up on my door step enquiring before!!!!

I told him it was a bad time and to ring and make an appointment, which to be fair he did, but he could have been anyone!!!