PDA

View Full Version : Bullying week

devoncm
17-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Is anyone doing anything for this?

I thought i would as my after school mindee is a bit like this at moment, very subtle by saying things like 'im not helping you as yours is rubbish' and i want to nip in the bud.

What activities can i do to link it with eyfs, ive looked on some links posted on another thread and picked out a few things, like a worksheet with a story and the children have to draw pictures of what the child feels like, i thought id have a look for the book mentioned 'dont be a bully billy'- they cover pd cll could it also cover cd and kuw?

What else could i do to cover the other links?

Thanks for any help.x

sarah707
17-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I tend to focus on being nice to people rather than the other way round.

So we talk about how we can help and share and take turns etc and focus on helpful stories like 3 little pigs and the brother letting his little brothers stay with him etc :D

devoncm
17-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks, i will put that in my planning- the other side i didnt think of

devoncm
17-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Ive linked to everything(i hope its right) how can i link to psrn though?

Andrea08
17-11-2008, 10:21 PM
I tend to focus on being nice to people rather than the other way round.

So we talk about how we can help and share and take turns etc and focus on helpful stories like 3 little pigs and the brother letting his little brothers stay with him etc :D

i agree i have a week of small activities such as;

Pass the Basket of fruit, sweeties or coloured pencils for pictures

we are going to make a large banner and graffeti on it all nice words and phraises such as please, thank you , lets play nice, lets take turns
and any other words the children come up with,

circle time with mood faces and say things like,,,i like you because....
i like to play with ,,,x,, because

circle time about feelings again with mood faces
what makes us sad, happy what people do to make us sad

mood faces and match up the word,

with the older mindees we will talk about who to go to if we feel bullyed and link in with people that help us.

got some book ideas from the internet so a trip to libuary think one book was called Big Bad Rex?

it will keep us going for more than the week but im ok with letting the children take it as far as they want or if they get fed up with it?

by then not sure what we are going to do prob start getting ready for xmas as im closing same day as school this year,