PDA

View Full Version : Mum

Straws
16-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Evening all

I look after a baby who is just 14 months, the last two weeks he has begun to call me mum, he points to me and calls me mum and shouts mum when he wants my attention. I have asked my own children to call me by my name when he is here, also shown him pictures of myself and my family and other children i care for, he can say my sons name and babble for my other sons name and say the names of the other children who attend, but when he points to me on a photo he says mum. How can i get him out of the habit of calling me mum??

Straws xx

katiemummy
17-11-2008, 07:15 AM
hi

i am going through the same at the moment all i keep saying when he calls me mum is my name .

katie mummy

angeldelight
17-11-2008, 07:36 AM
hi

i am going through the same at the moment all i keep saying when he calls me mum is my name .

katie mummy

I wouldnt worry - all my children call me mom ha

The younger ones usually start but when they get a bit bigger they do start to call me by my name

If mom is ok I wouldnt worry about it

Angel xx

Hebs
17-11-2008, 07:40 AM
just constant repeat your name when he calls you mum

FizzysFriends
17-11-2008, 07:44 AM
He will grow out of it, he doesn't know the meaning of the word at the moment and more a job description. My DD did it also, anyone that gave her food was mom (even if they were male).

miffy
17-11-2008, 07:46 AM
I don't think there's much more you can do atm.

So long as his mum is OK then I wouldn't worry

Miffy xx

Blaze
17-11-2008, 08:04 AM
its actually very clever can't remember what it's called, but basically it's like calling an apple a ball...they're both round...IYSWIM?

mandy moo
17-11-2008, 09:30 AM
my 15 mth old mindee calls me mama, he calls mum 'mum',
he cant say Mandy yet, but it will come, so dont be too worried, unless by the time he gets to 4 and is still calling you mum :laughing:
Mandy

LOOPYLISA
17-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I saw my neice yesterday, she called me mum all the time i was there!!!!!!!!!!

They will grow out of it :thumbsup:

Michelle M
17-11-2008, 02:30 PM
2 of the mindees I have kept calling me mum when they were about the 14 months, they dont now, I just call me shell I just kept reapeating my name to them and now they understand they have their "own" mummy, their words not mine.

I wouldnt worry about it :)

balloon
18-11-2008, 07:16 PM
My 2 YO mindee and the baby both call me mum sometimes and my name on others. If they obviously mean me I just answer them whatever they call me as I'm sure they'll grow out of it as they get older.

gemhei
18-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I get called mama too, i just ignore it and say yes JEMMA is coming, JEMMA will get you a drink. They will grow out of it i wouldnt worry.

ajs
18-11-2008, 08:52 PM
my 15 month old calls all the important people in her life mummy
which includes
mummy, daddy, me and my eldest daughter and her grandma.

when she says it to me i just say my name and laugh
as has been said if mum doesn't mind then i wouldn't worry too much about it