PDA

View Full Version : You have to get a ................

crazybones
16-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Dark Den. :clapping: Got mine free on a course yesterday with the accessory kit. It is fantastic. (except I got my bum stuck getting out:blush: )

www.multi-sensory-room.co.uk
This is the website of the man who did the course. Loads of ideas for sensory play on here. Especially good was the stuff he did with umbrella's. There are loads of ideas on his website for cheap resourses.

He showed the most amazing video of a little 6 month old from Finland of the moment they put glasses on her and she saw her mother for the first time. The contrast from the little limp thing in her mothers arms to the intent staring at her mums face and sitting up to look was amazing and reduced most of us to tears. I am trying to find it to show you all - it was amazing.

kindredspirits
16-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Wow!! On my course yesterday i got a free...... active kids book!!!!! ;)
i have been looking at getting a dark den, i think my son would love it, do they fold up/pack away small??

anna x

crazybones
16-11-2008, 06:08 PM
They pack away fairly small but are quite big when up. Its taken over a big chunk of the lounge but I cant wait for the kids to arrive tomorrow.

kindredspirits
16-11-2008, 06:11 PM
i just looked at the price! :eek: £70 for the den and accessories!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to do your course! :laughing:

PixiePetal
16-11-2008, 06:17 PM
My home made version is half made !

Black fleece fabric over my pop up tent. Not as good but much cheaper. Collecting light up bits as i go along.

nell57
16-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm hoping get one with the grant. My do said should be able have one but will need to get 3 quotes, but only know one company who sells them.

Thanks for the link it looks interesting

Helen

crazybones
16-11-2008, 06:24 PM
My home made version is half made !

Black fleece fabric over my pop up tent. Not as good but much cheaper. Collecting light up bits as i go along.

Have a look at his website - there are loads of cheap resources on there - mostly from ikea - he showed us a light from ikea that if you dont roll it up as a lamp it turns into an led light floor mat and was about £6. Also you can get glow in the dark balls for dogs from pet shops which are cheap and really robust.

Spangles
16-11-2008, 06:56 PM
That sounds fab!

Think the Finnish baby story would definitely have made me cry! Bless her heart!

madasahatter
16-11-2008, 07:40 PM
That's great. One more thing to add to my list of stuff I will apply for with the capital grant funding or what ever it is called (my development officer said proper application forms are due to be sent out very soon and we will be able to initially apply for grants of up to £2500 .....yippee!)

allinatiz
16-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I noticed this in the catalogue I got with Who Minds? and was thinking about getting it so thought I would share.

www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR1103642

crazybones
16-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I noticed this in the catalogue I got with Who Minds? and was thinking about getting it so thought I would share.

www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR1103642

Yes that is the one we got. I thought I had put the link in my original post. :doh: TY. :thumbsup:

Angela234
16-11-2008, 11:21 PM
At toddler group i noticed the playschool had a gazebo up and covered it in black material i assume to be a dark den

Angela

sammy
16-11-2008, 11:37 PM
ive got a dark walk in cupboard/small room, i should make more use of it, i did buy a uv light and some uv reactor toys, but youve reminded me to get it back on track!!

angeldelight
17-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Sounds great fun and lucky you

You are just trying to get us to spend our money - I want one again now ha

Angel xx

miffy
17-11-2008, 07:49 AM
I saw one of these on my course on Friday (sadly we didn't get one free! :( )

They are great - I'm very jealous.

Wasn't sure I'd get inside it though :laughing:

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
17-11-2008, 08:21 AM
My husband came home for lunch when we were trying out my home made effort - before i sew it up.

What a view.....child inside, me- head inside boby outside laying on my front....what a picture!! :laughing: :laughing: