PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

venus89
16-11-2008, 08:40 AM
The just-2-year-old I mind is generally perfectly cheerful. However, the 2 time that I have had a baby round whilst she has been here she's been disturbingly upset. She stands there with tears in her eyes - not crying out loud, she rubs them away if they roll down her cheeks. She wants constant cuddles and reassurance, won't play, and will sit and cuddle her toy dog for a long period of time.
Now I'll hopefully be having one of the babies tuesday-friday and she comes on a monday and a friday so, effectively, every other day she's with me the baby will be here. Luckily she's onl;y here 4 hours so it's only a small exposure and I'm pretty sure that with time and help she'll forget to be worried and cheer up. It is upsetting seeing her like that and I put it down to a spot of jealousy/uncertainty. Equally, her Mum, who has MS, has taken a downturn these last few weeks and things have changed for her (eg I pick her up from mums at the moment) so I'm sure that all adds to her reaction to the babies.
When the 19 month old came, she had absolutely no problem accepting him - they were great friends from the start.

What I was wondering is - would you write about this reaction in the learning journey on the grounds that in a few weeks/months you hope to be able to write that today she has been a star with the baby? I think the behaviour disturbs me so much because she's not crying aloud whereas previously on the coupld of occasions she's cried with me - if hurt or cross - she's alwys cried aloud. Should I write that down as a record of concern? Or should I write nothing down and just help her through it?