PDA

View Full Version : tandems - what have you got??

kindredspirits
15-11-2008, 08:27 PM
i am looking at the kidz kargo off ebay or the mothercare own brand... both about £125. would love something dearer but money is tight.
MUST be easyish to steer - my 20 month old will be in the front! and fairly durable! also would like the option to attatch a buggypod if needs be!

what have you ladies (or men) got!?!

balloon
15-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Phil and Teds sport (inline) and a mamas and papas twin (side by side)

squiggle
15-11-2008, 09:29 PM
i have a graco stadium duo and like it.

it does fit a buggypod on as i used one for a while..... until it broke with my dd in it. be very careful

xx

littletreasures
15-11-2008, 10:53 PM
I had a Kidz Kargo tandem, but got rid of it.

It is quite nice to push. I felt the child thats in the backs legs were a bit squashed and when they were laid down they didn't look very comfortable. You have to put the bigger child in the front or it is a bit top heavy.

I bought the Nipper 360 and love it. It is far superior to the kidz kargo although its a side by side it is quite narrow so you can get it through most shop doors etc. The kids are so comfy in it and I can attach a buggyboard to it. My friend has one and is looking into getting a buggy pod to attach to it.

sarah32
16-11-2008, 10:21 AM
I looked at the Kidz Kargo and didnt buy it as reviews werent very good, a freind had one at tots and its very heavy without any children in it and quite small in the back.

I was using a Mothercare duo which again is quite heavy but very reliable.

I recently bought a caterpliiar combi, its spose to be the lightest tandem. It does feel lighter, the only thing that worries me if so light weight when you lift the front end to go up kirbs it bends, my friend says it looks like one of those bendy buses. Lots of room in the back for a large toddler. Easy to steer but does feel a bit odd as had 6 wheels.

You can look on ebay, a few on there and where I got mine.

Hope that helps.

singlewiththree
16-11-2008, 11:02 AM
A friend of mine had a kids kargo and she said it was fine if they are both little but as soon as her son reached 2yrs it was hard to push and he didnt have much room.

I have a side by side mama and papas twin - hard to push, easy to store and lightweight for the car but not a bad size.

I also have a mothercare urban detour 3 wheeler side by side its huge, heavy to carry however is a dream to push and can be done one handed! comfy ride for the children but the seats dont seem to sit completely upright. I leave it up in the garage and get it out when I need it.

Have fun choosing!

ruby
16-11-2008, 11:47 AM
we have a phil and ted sport which is great but very expensive

we also had a side by side but gave it to one of my mums earlier this year when she had another baby.

cathy

nikim
16-11-2008, 12:03 PM
i have an old phil and ted e3 which i got second hand for £90 and i love it have also had a graco side by side which was good and a graco tandem which was also good . have you tried looking for something second hand ?

kindredspirits
16-11-2008, 01:27 PM
i've got a second hand side by side, which i will be testing for the first time on tuesday, but i think i need a tandam or i'll to take the long way to school!!!!! :rolleyes: :eek:

jeanybeany
16-11-2008, 01:28 PM
I've just got a phil and teds sport and I have to say it's fantastic, light, easy to push one handed, converts to suit the amount of children for each day and folds small enough to get in my car with all seven seats up. I even have a buggy pod fitted to mine.

I also have a Maclaren twin traveller, but I found it quite heavy to push. It is a good pushchair though and very sturdy and I would have another Maclaren if I hadn't pushed the boat out with the phil and teds. Will fit a litaf seat to go buggy board on.

I would definately say look for a second hand Phil and teds if money is tight. It will be well worth it in the long run and I don't think you will regret it.

kindredspirits
16-11-2008, 02:46 PM
i want a phil and teds!!! :( but there a no second hand ones in my area for cheapish!!!! i am watching a cosatto duo online for 99p tonight - brand new! anyone got anything good/bad to tell me about that?