please can you show/tell me how you are doing your
observations

dont think i am doing them right

thanks alot
luv sue xxxxxx

have a good weekend

sarah707
15-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Observations are all about writing down, briefly, what you have seen or heard a child do or say.

They must be done for a purpose... because you are thinking 'wow' and you want to share that with parents; because it's the first time a child has done something for you; because you've spotted something you can use to bring the child on...

Jot it down, link it to the Eyfs ages and stages for the child and think about how you can extend the child's learning experience by using it for next steps planning.

Hth :D

Pixie26
20-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Can I do the observation for my purpose?
I have only started childminding this week and have no idea what the little one can and can't do! She drew me a lovely picture of Noddy and Big Ears can I write and obs on that? She tried to cut some paper was could not work the scissors, so I would have taken that as my next step. Teaching her how to use them.

XPixieX

sarah707
20-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Can I do the observation for my purpose?
I have only started childminding this week and have no idea what the little one can and can't do! She drew me a lovely picture of Noddy and Big Ears can I write and obs on that? She tried to cut some paper was could not work the scissors, so I would have taken that as my next step. Teaching her how to use them.

XPixieX

Absolutely!

When a child first starts it's good practice to see what s/he can and cannot do.

Don't forget to go through this with parents and see if s/he's doing the same things at home :D