PDA

View Full Version : Typical day plan

Bex1
15-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello

Right as I am working on childminding stuff this morning ready for my inspection on 24th I am panicking :panic:

I have written and printed off all my policies and I have laminated my fire evacuation poster and plan of house. I have also finally got my fire blanket and first aid box sorted (apart from eye bandage which I cannot find anywhere and gotta get my sterile water sorted!).

I have written all my risk assessments and my risk assessment policy and have printed off and laminated "flush the toilet" and "wash your hands" poster for the downstairs loo!

Now I am onto sorting out a "typical day" as am worried that the Inspector may want to know what plans and routines I have in place for kiddies...do you think I need this?

Bex

pinklady
15-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Sounds like you're well ahead of the game! My Inspector didn't ask to see many policies..I think she only looked at my complaints/allegation procedure and emergency evacutation plan.

I was asked about what sorts of activities I would have in my day but not asked for anything in writing.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Esther xx

Bex1
15-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks..maybe I will just leave it..what about menu, did you draw up any meal or menu plans?

helenlc
15-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Under the EYFS it says about sharing information with parents and letting them know what activities you will be doing with the children. I dont think it specifies about a Daily Routine.

Here's mine though:

I think it gives parents an idea of what their children will be doing at any given time in the day.

louised
15-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Is this your pre-reg inspection you're talking about? It seems you have gone way above what is required. When i had my pre-reg all the inspector was looking for was that my property was suitable and that i was a suitable person. She never asked for anything written down everything she wanted to know was verbal communicated.

pinklady
15-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks..maybe I will just leave it..what about menu, did you draw up any meal or menu plans?

Yes I did show her a menu plan and then she threw me by asking how I would cope with parents that wanted to send their child with a packed lunch full of crisps and chocolate!! I hadn't even thought of that scenario but said I had a healthy eating policy that I expected everyone to follow.

Esther xx

Ripeberry
15-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi Bex1, when my inspector came round for my pre-reg she did ask me to go through a typical daily routine.
I was not expecting this, so had to do it off the top of my head!
It went a bit like this;

7.30-8.15 Arrivals

8.30-9.05-School run and pre-school (for my daughter) or any other children

9.05-11.30- Depending on weather and kids could be Softplay,baby group, going for a walk or playground.

12.00-12.30, free play, set activity (takes half an hour to get anywhere as in the countryside)

12.30-12.45- Pick up from pre-school

12.50-13.30- kids help prepare lunch and eat it (may put on cbeebies), but we all eat at the table with a bit of music on.

13.30- kids help tidy up and wash up if they want

Around 2pm-3pm- Free play, observations, set craft activities

3pm-3.45pm- School pick up (have to get in car park at least 20 minds early) to get a space. No way of walking to school, unless i trek over 2 miles of muddy fields!

4pm-5pm, Homework, free play, baking activity, computer for older kids

5-6pm- Prepare tea and eat it, tidy up.

6pm- Home time

Of course these routines can change, but i aim to be out of the house (except for school runs) at least once a day and have one cooking activity and maybe two craft activities. The rest of the time is free-play.
Also depends on what children i have, the babies will have to nap when they need it.
Don't worry Bex1, you'll be fine!:thumbsup:

12.00-12.

Ripeberry
15-11-2008, 12:20 PM
With the healthy eating she just wanted to make sure that i don't serve chips and chicken nuggets all the time! I just said i do lots of casseroles and freeze batches to use later. Also would be using eggs from our hens (was Ok with that), but said i might have to make a "collecting eggs" policy if the kids were to help. We would use vegetables from the garden when in season and some nice spring/summer days we may be in the garden pottering around the veg patch anyway.
I'm just planning to go with the flow...

funtoplay
15-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi,

I agree with Louised. At my pre-reg I was really quite disappointed that she did't want to look through all my paperwork. I had worked hard on my policies etc but no it was really a quick, very quick look around the house and a 3 hour chat over coffee, talking about the standards ( I guess EYFS now) and how you will meet everything. They worked through quite methodically going through each section. She would ask a question and she would type down what you say. As for the garden she just a quick look out the window. It seemed like she was really just judging space.

It will be much less stressful than you think it is going to be!!!

J

Bex1
17-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi all

Thank you for your replies, your a great help in my time of panic :)

I have got all my policies typed up and printed just in case Inspector wants to see them and think I will type up a "typical day" plan just in case (dont want to be caught out!). I have printed off the "what to expect from your pre-registration inspection" and will be going through this, this week as the Inspector asked if I had read/seen this so I guess she may go through the questions!

I am not very good at interviews so I want everything straight and right in my head because I know I will get nervous!