PDA

View Full Version : bulling??

emmadines
14-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I have just spoken to one of my mum's, her son (6 year old) is getting possibly bullied at school by these perticular 3 boys.

The main thing that mum highlighted was these boys told the teacher that the mindee wee'd in the playground. Th teacher asked him "well what do you have to say?"
mindee said " i didnt do it"
the teacher said " What do you have to say" and mindee said "sorry":(

now if he didnt do it like he said why make him say sorry........ shouldnt she at least have given him a chance to defend himself??

Now one of these boys in question is a lil s**, runs riot, ignors his mum, but then she dose this pointless call of his name in a wimpy manner! if it was my son running a muck Id be on him like a bull dozer:angry:

anyway what Im asking is............. is there anything I can do wheather its an activity ................ anything to help him know its ok to satnd up to them, maybe to know that he can tell th teacher etc?? I want to do it with all the children as then it wont pin point him.
mums writing a letter to the teacher.

kindredspirits
14-11-2008, 05:42 PM
i'd definately do a bullying topic, poor lad. i wouldn't go too in depth with that age, perhaps ask them who they need to tell if people are being mean to them - get cut outs of teachers/mums/friends etc etc.

miss mopple
14-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Highly recommend the story 'Dont Be a Bully Billy' my kids love it and it gives a good message

Hope he's ok, poor little mite :(

emmadines
14-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Ive never had to deal with this so I want to do it properly!

how should I co this topic?

i thought about finding bits pointing out that everyone is different as that can cause bulling all bee it not this time.

Blaze
14-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Some excellant sites I have had to use in the past:

http://www.bullying.co.uk/

http://www.kidscape.org.uk/

http://www.kidscape.org.uk/events/abw2008.asp

:)

marion123
14-11-2008, 08:40 PM
hi 17 to 21 nov is anti bullying week i always ask my mindees what kind of day they have had and if some one is mean to them i always say to them to tell the teacher (then i tell mum at home time) and that you should be nice to everyone and if they tell the teacher and he/she does nothing then i say play with your other friends as friend arent mean to each other it seem to work for mine, poor little lad why are some kids nasty :(

emmadines
14-11-2008, 09:38 PM
ok, I can bake some cakes as it seems this is a theme for the anti bullying. im gonna go into the Library tomorrow to see if they have that book you mentioned.

what sort of activities would you do? considering I have two 4 year olds, two 6 year olds and a 2 year old??? I really am unsure whats the best way to do this, at least I have this anti bullying week to use as an excuse lol

elaineg
15-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Yuo could try role play or puppets.

love Elaine XX

miss muffit
15-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Poor little chappy...

If i were Mum i would go in and have a quiet word with his teacher and ask

her to please keep an eye on whats going on.

I would want help and answers straight away

Pipsqueak
15-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Had this with my son (then age 7) last year.
2 other children told on my son (something he hadn't done) and then the teacher proceeded to bully him into submission and getting him to say sorry.
He was distraught. The teachers attitude was that no child will "confess" to somethign they haven't done therefore because he said sorry he must have been guilty.:mad: We managed to re-educate the teacher!

I would advise mum to go into school and take this up with the teacher first of all and straighten a few things out and also highlight about these other children.
If she gets no joy with the teacher - take it higher to the head and put things in writing.

As others have said - some anti bullying techniques might stand him in good stead but also encourage him to tell you what has been said at school by other children and the teacher.

Think NSPCC and Kidscape have some good information

emmadines
15-11-2008, 05:20 PM
what do you think??

I thouht I could get them to make hand prints, cut them out, then they could put diffrernt types of bullying on them. these can go on one side of the a display and on the other side there can be more hand prints with what to do and who to talk to about it.

Blaze
17-11-2008, 09:58 AM
One of my links was for bullying week.:)

Michelle M
17-11-2008, 02:26 PM
The library for bullying books, and if they dont have it in you can always order it. I have some bullying information from my DHC course I am doing, if you like I can scan it in and send it to you.

Michelle x

emmadines
17-11-2008, 10:09 PM
that would be great tty x

Michelle M
18-11-2008, 07:33 PM
I have emailed you chickadee

XX

emmadines
18-11-2008, 07:50 PM
thankyou
x