PDA

View Full Version : built in child seats

kindredspirits
14-11-2008, 01:16 PM
i've recently bought a VW sharan and will be using it for minding. i've got business insurance etc so thats all fine. i also own 2 car seats for up to 4 years and a baby seat. on ebay there are a couple of built in seats - its hard to explain. the sharan back seats come out and can be moved around, these seats look like normal seats but you fold down the middle to reveal shoulder straps like a forward facing car seat. does anyone use these for minding/ know if its legal?

htanks anna x

mimo
14-11-2008, 01:25 PM
i have a volvo estate and have had the seat conversion fitted .They are legal to use for a child up to the age of 12 .Yopu will need to get them fitted by a garage and inform you insurance company . i would only recommend using the manafacurers own conversion kit though

FizzysFriends
14-11-2008, 01:28 PM
My DD's friends dad has this in his volvo, although I always send a normal booster for DD as I think its safer, no reason why I think that though.

Are they factory fitted? If they are you should be insured

SimplyLucy
14-11-2008, 01:29 PM
They look fantastic.

I doubt you'd need them fitted by a garage though. The seats in my Peugeot 806 all come out and I'm always switching them around depending on what I'm uing the car for. I got a rear bench seat for mine off Ebay that takes mine from a 7 seater to an 8 seater, it's really useful in the holidays.

kindredspirits
14-11-2008, 01:30 PM
hiya, they come factory fitted in the newer models, but in the sharan you can clip and unclip the seats as part of the design, so theres not really a job for the garage to do!!

LittleMissSparkles
14-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I had them in my last car, Toyota Verso 5 seater they were fab as just popped up and down as needed iyswim, now have the 7 seater and it doesnt have them though :( xx