PDA

View Full Version : When can I start advertising?

Buzz Lightyear
14-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Well the subject header says it all really.

I start my Child Paediatrics First Aid tomorrow but was wondering when I should start advertising?

I'm currently on maternity leave and am due to return to work in May but ideally, I'd like to know that I have something sorted well before then and only can I do this by securing a place?

Obviously need to be careful no-one from work finds out but me being me, I want to know things are sorted so it doesn't play on my mind.

I am dreading becoming qualified and then not finding a mindee and then being forced to go back to work.

Hebs
14-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm advertising now, tho i'm not registered :thumbsup:

had 4 enquiries and have numbers to ring once i get certificate through :clapping:

they are fully aware that i'm not fully reg yet but they want childcare in jan

Buzz Lightyear
14-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Can I ask where you're advertising?

I've had some flyers made up but of course they all state "registered childminder". How have you worded for pre-reg?

I have set up a website which I haven't yet made live but how did you get yourself 'out there' in advance of becoming qualified?

Hebs
14-11-2008, 12:34 PM
my poster just states childminder, i inform them when they ring that i am pre reg :thumbsup: haven't had any complaints yet lol

i have one on my car, in shops and at the gp's

oh and i have a website too but it isn't live yet cos i need to tweek it

Buzz Lightyear
14-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Great thanks for that. As soon as my leaflets come, I shall get them out then. Never really thought to just mention it if I get any enquiries. Good idea, thanks a lot Hebs!! :)

Hebs
14-11-2008, 01:25 PM
:clapping:

go get em xx

Buzz Lightyear
14-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I shall indeed... :laughing:

Ooooh I'm all excited!!!!!