PDA

View Full Version : You wont believe this!!!!

emmadines
14-11-2008, 09:43 AM
I have had yet another call from a so called "childrens charity":angry:

Hello mis dines, Im ringing from a charity called ****** You agreed to support us.

I cut him short and said this......... Sorry I havent agreed to anything and Im not going to give you any money. please stop calling me!

He started saying something so I just repeated " Im not going to give you any money I cant afford to therefore wouldnt have agreed to give anyone any money so go away!!!:censored:

I then hung up.

looks like Im going to get more of this type of calls. :angry: any ideas how I can stop these calls. I am part of the telephone pereferace services already!

berkschick
14-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I think if you are on TPS then it is illegal for people to be cold calling you.

I would be all nice and get the name of the person and company and then report them to TPS.

I always threaten that to cold callers and they soon apologise and hang up!

sue m
14-11-2008, 10:01 AM
I agree with berschick Emma, I am with the TPS too and they are not supposed to cold call. I added my Mum too cos she's nearly 80 and always getting phone calls, she even gave her card number out recently to someone who said she hadn't paid her phone bill so there was a bit of a do about that. You just can't trust anyone these days can you.

Hebs
14-11-2008, 10:25 AM
get a whistle :thumbsup:

they use headsets and if your requests for no more calls fall on deaf ears, a whistle will wake them up cos they can't get the ear piece away fast enough :thumbsup: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
14-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Trading Standards

charleyfarley
14-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I shouted at the last window company that dared to phone me, well it was the third time in a week so I lost it :blush:

I have a habit of just putting the phone down and let them ramble to themselves for a while, especially when I'm cooking tea :laughing:

Hope you get something done about it

Carol xx

Minstrel
14-11-2008, 01:17 PM
my cousin got so fed up with a conservatory company contacting him that he told them he was interested and arranged a meeting for them to come round and measure up and signed contracts etc.;)

would have love to have seen there faces when they realised that he lived in a first floor flat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trouble
14-11-2008, 01:19 PM
ring up bt or yellow pages and go mad

ask the to block your number or you will get a solicitor

OrlandoBelle
14-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I shouted at the last window company that dared to phone me, well it was the third time in a week so I lost it :blush:

I have a habit of just putting the phone down and let them ramble to themselves for a while, especially when I'm cooking tea :laughing:

Hope you get something done about it

Carol xx

Three times a week? You're lucky! We get at LEAST three a day!!!! What is this TPS you all speak about? Sounds like something I need to join. We are supposed to be ex directory, but this doesn't seem to mean anything anymore. I am so sick of getting calls from India all the time. Usually finance companies. It REALLY annoys me!:angry:

ChocolateChip
14-11-2008, 01:30 PM
I had calls from a well known childrens charity, and it really shocked me how pushy they were!
I told her I was aware of the need for child protection as a mum and as a childminder but even though I kept saying I'm not in a position to donate right now she kept going on and on, saying ' not even £7 a month.... £5 a month, how about £3? I did get ratty in the end, but it has made me feel that I won't donate to them on principle now, because of their tactics.
I feel like I should have rung their head office to complain now, as surely they're doing more harm than good, and turning people away from their charity instead of getting them on board.
You kind of expect this from double glazing companies, but not a big charity like that. :mad:

Chimps Childminding
14-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I had calls from a well known childrens charity, and it really shocked me how pushy they were!
I told her I was aware of the need for child protection as a mum and as a childminder but even though I kept saying I'm not in a position to donate right now she kept going on and on, saying ' not even £7 a month.... £5 a month, how about £3? I did get ratty in the end, but it has made me feel that I won't donate to them on principle now, because of their tactics.
I feel like I should have rung their head office to complain now, as surely they're doing more harm than good, and turning people away from their charity instead of getting them on board.
You kind of expect this from double glazing companies, but not a big charity like that. :mad:

Had similar call, like you say they start off at £10 and when you say sorry you can't afford that they suggest a lower figure and then a lower figure still, its really annoying I try and be polite, but sometimes I just end up putting the phone down on them because they won't take no for an answer:angry:

emmadines
14-11-2008, 03:45 PM
if I wanted to donate to any charity I will throw some money in a tub! not set up a direct debit!!!!:angry:

kiddiwinks
14-11-2008, 04:05 PM
I have had yet another call from a so called "childrens charity":angry:

Hello mis dines, Im ringing from a charity called ****** You agreed to support us.

I cut him short and said this......... Sorry I havent agreed to anything and Im not going to give you any money. please stop calling me!

He started saying something so I just repeated " Im not going to give you any money I cant afford to therefore wouldnt have agreed to give anyone any money so go away!!!:censored:

I then hung up.

looks like Im going to get more of this type of calls. :angry: any ideas how I can stop these calls. I am part of the telephone pereferace services already!

I had this a few moths ago from loads of different companies, i am also part of the tps they used to ask for a Mrs Shields when i would say that she does not live here they used to babble on to me trying to sell me stuff.
This went on a few weeks 1 day it was 5 times in one day and on the 5th call i got really ratty and nearly bit the mans head of down the phone, then when he could get a word in politly said he had not rung before but had number of list, that woman Mrs shields had filled a survey out for free stuff to do do it and put that all mailing companies can call and then either by accident/purpose put my number.:angry:

balloon
16-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Three times a week? You're lucky! We get at LEAST three a day!!!! What is this TPS you all speak about?

If you call your phone provider (BT?) they can add you to somehting called the telephone preference service which is a list of people who have opted out of getting junk calls. I used to be on it and it worked pretty well for me but reading here others haven't been so lucky.

kindredspirits
16-11-2008, 09:30 AM
i'm on the TPS and i still get calls 10 times a day which is JUST BEEPING!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: it does my head in!

singlewiththree
16-11-2008, 11:08 AM
I think if you are on TPS then it is illegal for people to be cold calling you.

I would be all nice and get the name of the person and company and then report them to TPS.

I always threaten that to cold callers and they soon apologise and hang up!

I always say "can you tell me how you got this number as I'm with the TPS" and they either just hang up or apologie then hangup. I only had one guy actually tell me but I was still none the wiser.

littletreasures
16-11-2008, 11:11 AM
When I asked how they got my number the guy replied "I didn't phone you"!!!!!!