PDA

View Full Version : question about medical checks

suziebt
14-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I know I will have to give my GP's details so ofsted can do a medical check on me but I'm really worried about this cos in the past year my GP has referred me for counselling for an eating disorder. I was really reluctant to go to my GP and now I wish I hadn't cos I feel like this could be used against me. Could they see this and decide I'm mentally unstable (I'm not!) or that I might be a negative influence on healthy eating? Is this the kind of thing they're looking for in a medical report? Sorry for all the questions but its really worrying me

Suz xx

Minstrel
14-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Please try not to worry too much.

I think Ofsted would be more interested in what stage and health you are in now than your past. If you are still having eating issues then this perhaps will not be passed. But do not think of hiding it from them as you will only affect your own wellbeing. also childminding will be quite stessful so ofsted and your gp will be aware that this could cause relapses.

Fill out the form and be completely honest with past and present issues and this will look more favouable than hiding any details (however tempting).

and good luck xxx

sue m
14-11-2008, 12:46 PM
As Minstrel says, be totally honest. I've been on anti-depressants for years and worked whilst taking them for many years previously, left childminding for about 6 years and then came back last year and all Ofsted wanted was a letter from my doctor (which of course you have to pay for!) to say that in his opinion I was fit to work with chidren.