PDA

View Full Version : my neighbour is ill and wants me to take her son to school - i will be over my no's

sammy
13-11-2008, 08:21 PM
i just wondered as she has pnuemonia, i am the only person that she knows to take him to nursery (hes 3) and pick him up and take him straight home, she wants me from monday for 2 weeks. BUT that means having one extra child under 5 (as i already have 3) Ofsted dont give you a definate answer and i have had to wait over 3 weeks for my variation to come through (this allows me to have an extra child but at a different time of day) So as its "just a lift to nursery and back home" could this be treated as an emergency so dont need to inform ofsted??

berkschick
13-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I think that even in an emergancy you have to inform OFSTED to be covered by your insurance.

I wouldnt risk it without speaking to them to be honest!

miss mopple
13-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Ofsted will grant an emergency variation over the phone. They have done it for me twice now. I always get them to confirm by email for my reference.

I'd phone them forst thing and try to speak to an inspector.

Good luck

crazybones
13-11-2008, 09:59 PM
I think that even in an emergancy you have to inform OFSTED to be covered by your insurance.

I wouldnt risk it without speaking to them to be honest!

I agree. I went over my numbers in an emergency just one afternoon and phoned Ofsted. They were fine and I am glad I did because comments were made at school and you just never know who might report you.

LOOPYLISA
13-11-2008, 10:08 PM
i just wondered as she has pnuemonia, i am the only person that she knows to take him to nursery (hes 3) and pick him up and take him straight home, she wants me from monday for 2 weeks. BUT that means having one extra child under 5 (as i already have 3) Ofsted dont give you a definate answer and i have had to wait over 3 weeks for my variation to come through (this allows me to have an extra child but at a different time of day) So as its "just a lift to nursery and back home" could this be treated as an emergency so dont need to inform ofsted??

Just wanted to say poor girl i had this 3 weeks ago not good, she will need all the help she can get, id defanatly say inform ofstead x

Andrea08
13-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Just wanted to say poor girl i had this 3 weeks ago not good, she will need all the help she can get, id defanatly say inform ofstead x

i would ring ofsted yes but to be honest i would help out my friends and if ofsted said no , i would ask what would they do in same situation, also if there house on fire would you say sorry no room in the inn ofsted said no more over 3's today!!!

its all getting to be too politically correct,,,

like the little one who fell at the park do you help or stand back (think it was 70 odd % who said stand back!!!:eek: )

is it not putting the child first that matters??????

the world is going mad xxx

sammy
14-11-2008, 08:18 AM
ill phone ofsted, i didnt know they could do it over the phone