PDA

View Full Version : CCLD NVQ3 + BTECH

littlepixies
21-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Ok where do i start...... bck in 2003 i was working in a day nursery and i started my nvq 3 in childcare and education with smart training, but went onleave for maternity leave early2004 so had only compleated 3 unitis and had 11 to finish
well i contacted smart training askingif i could compleate this as my funding was still valid till late this year. I have just heard back and she said i can carry on from where i left but they have changed the standards of this nvq and if its not compleated by end of sept i would not recieve a certificate. But if i want i can start the new nvq called children care, learning and development which will be taking its place as from september. its the nvq3 childcare qualification and is compleately updated to now rather than rushing through the old nvq to compleate it by end of september and do everything the old way. Buts also said im more than welcome to carry on with my origional nvq and she would do her best to push me through it was totally up to me.

So i have opted for the new nvq 3 which also has the betec side too, then i get a second phone call from my home assessor and she is coming out to fill all relevant paper work out on thursday so i can get going!!!! Im so pleased to finally get on a course, i explained i was worried bout now being a childminder and what if i loose my mindies ect, and she explained i have 2 of my own and so if need be we can work around the problemusing these!! which is great and has compleately put my mind at rest :)
she also explained being a childminder rather than a nursery nurse makes the course alot more flexable as im doing EVERYTHING a nursery does and its all me rather than being split between the team with in the nursery so theres no one to ask ect.
She said this course should take about 18 months working on a steady flow but if i would like to fast track after 3 mnths then she can do this also so it can be compleated in about a year. But i have sooooo much going on i think ill do it steady so not sooo much preassure.

Is there anyone else here doing this qualification???
:)

Raggydolls
21-01-2008, 04:54 PM
theres quite a few of us doing this course, as it happens i am about to head out the door and go to college now, lol. im enjoying it so far and the work hasnt been too bad. good luck with it and if u have any questions im sure someone will be around to help u.

leanne
xx

miffy
21-01-2008, 04:58 PM
I finished this last year (don't know about the btech bit but did nvq3 ccld)

Took me 18 months but could have been done quicker, depends how good your assessor is and how much time you have

Miffy xx

lilliuspillius
22-01-2008, 06:00 AM
I did this course last year. I managed to get it done in 6 months. I found it fairly straight forward and had an excellent assessor. Personally i find nvqs fairly easy going, as I was an assessor myself (but in care of the elderly), prior to working with children, so know the nvq layout and what is required. I think that made it alot easier for me. My assessor also came out at least 6 times and spent well over 20 hours with me in total, just writing everything down - made my life alot easier.
Im not too sure what the btec side of it is though!
Good luck with the course.

Rubybubbles
22-01-2008, 11:21 AM
I am the only one finding the NVQ hard then:blush: !!

I'm doing the CCLD one

Banana
22-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Im dreading the NVQ - im rubbish at stuff with assesments involved!!

Still waiting to hear about the funding though!

x

nell57
22-01-2008, 01:02 PM
hi
I'm doin the ccld lvl 3 and also finding it hard:(

so no your not on your own rubybubbles, i was thinking i was the only one!

not sure if its cus i'm academically challenged or its sooooo long ago i left school i forgot how its done, was made up last night tho had portfolio back from being marked and had my first unit signed off YIPPEE

good luck with yours

x helen x

Trouble
22-01-2008, 06:36 PM
what does the btech bit involve ive done the nvq3 but i wanted to do the teaching ass one and some one said theyve changed the ccld to include the teach ass one is this the btech bit ?????:eek:

Trouble
22-01-2008, 06:37 PM
before you do anymore units find out which ones she will be assessing you one them you wont have to do them no point in doing it twice:clapping:

Rubybubbles
22-01-2008, 07:25 PM
hi
I'm doin the ccld lvl 3 and also finding it hard:(

so no your not on your own rubybubbles, i was thinking i was the only one!

not sure if its cus i'm academically challenged or its sooooo long ago i left school i forgot how its done, was made up last night tho had portfolio back from being marked and had my first unit signed off YIPPEE

good luck with yours

x helen x

thanks it's nice to know I' not alone;)

Tiisku
25-01-2008, 08:08 PM
I did NVQ3 in childcare and education with Smart traininga few years ago, it was mostly OK but there was this horrible maths-task to do which I luckily got my hubbie to help me with !:D I only had once a month study day, and even though I asked several times to push it at faster pace it took nearly two years.. I worked in a nursery at the time and was fighting time to get a promosion that was threatening to go to someone else.:rolleyes:

It took so long though as my groups tutor changed three times and one of them lost quite a bit of my work which I then had to re-do.. All the trouble was worth it at the end of though and made me feel better for having the qualification iykwim.. I wouldn't mind studying more now, what's the best thing to go for?

littlepixies
26-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Well, after getting signed up on thursday she was here a good 3 hrs but was very nice and friendly. Explained the whole course in depth explaining what ment what got loads to do now before i actually go on my studdy day in feb.
She explained everything in real depth and showed me what to do where there is a new extra bit they put with the ccld nvq which will entitle me to teach a certain level of maths and english andthats the btech qaulification you get along with nvq3. You can aim for a pass, merit or distingtion for the btech side. Now at the end of the course you get 5 certificates not just the 1 nvq3 certificate, its now the nvq3 certificate, the btech certificate,gcse a-c grade certificate for english and maths as now you have a whole studdy day for each with an assesment at gcse level a-c grade, and then an overal certificate to say you done it all together.

There are 16 study days in total so that why they say it is usually compleated in 18 months, but obviously if you miss a study day it will take longer and alsoo once you have been on th course for 3 months they can fast track you if you want.

The training manager has said that once i have compleated this it would do me good to then do the nvq4 inmanagement with them which can be compleated in about 10 months as in 2010 the goverment want all nursery managers to hld a degree in childcare or management and this is an equivalent to a degree so may as well get it over and done with.
The nvq4 ccld can only be begun apparently once you have done you nvq3 and have had 3-6 yrs working with it. so thats out of reach for a few years yet!

so my advice would be if you want to go on more training do the nvq4 in management..... :)

Tiisku
26-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Any idea how much the NVQ4 would cost? I'm not an under 23 anymore (:( ) so would not get it for free like I did the NVQ3. :D I am actually quite interested in that and I do have the required working years too ! I wonder if there's something different for me to do with it as I did the old NVQ3..

Cammie Doodle
26-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Not sure cost of NVQ 4 but I was advised to ask through the tranformation fund ???

katickles
28-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I've just filled in my forms for this course although didn't think there was anything to do with the BTECH on it? Maybe its not in my area yet or something?

I have been told that I will need to wait for one of the assessors to become available. There are 3 in my area but are all full so wil be a couple of months untill i can actually get started. Which is good as i'm hoping to have mindees by then that i can base my work around.

I am also hoping to do the distance learning as i feel it will be easier planing around childminding!

I have got funding & only have to pay a small percentage of the course which is great, no way i could afford to do the course at the moment without the help!

lisalollipop
08-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Ok where do i start...... bck in 2003 i was working in a day nursery and i started my nvq 3 in childcare and education with smart training, but went onleave for maternity leave early2004 so had only compleated 3 unitis and had 11 to finish
well i contacted smart training askingif i could compleate this as my funding was still valid till late this year. I have just heard back and she said i can carry on from where i left but they have changed the standards of this nvq and if its not compleated by end of sept i would not recieve a certificate. But if i want i can start the new nvq called children care, learning and development which will be taking its place as from september. its the nvq3 childcare qualification and is compleately updated to now rather than rushing through the old nvq to compleate it by end of september and do everything the old way. Buts also said im more than welcome to carry on with my origional nvq and she would do her best to push me through it was totally up to me.

So i have opted for the new nvq 3 which also has the betec side too, then i get a second phone call from my home assessor and she is coming out to fill all relevant paper work out on thursday so i can get going!!!! Im so pleased to finally get on a course, i explained i was worried bout now being a childminder and what if i loose my mindies ect, and she explained i have 2 of my own and so if need be we can work around the problemusing these!! which is great and has compleately put my mind at rest :)
she also explained being a childminder rather than a nursery nurse makes the course alot more flexable as im doing EVERYTHING a nursery does and its all me rather than being split between the team with in the nursery so theres no one to ask ect.
She said this course should take about 18 months working on a steady flow but if i would like to fast track after 3 mnths then she can do this also so it can be compleated in about a year. But i have sooooo much going on i think ill do it steady so not sooo much preassure.

Is there anyone else here doing this qualification???
:)

Hi!

I've just started this course and have the assessor coming on Friday to get things started. I have no children at the moment very quiet, so i was worried about that, but i have two of my own so hopefully we can get started..