PDA

View Full Version : Parent says she paid but she hasnt

Hannahlg
13-11-2008, 06:43 PM
We look after a little boy who jast just turned 7 his grandam is bringing him up (thats a whole diffrent story)

The childs grandam is a a supply teacher so we jsut have him when she has work but she pays for an hour every moring and an hour every night. anywheres when there all went back to school in septmeber we never hard nothing from her so after 2 weeks my mum phoned her to see if she still wonts the place and that we have fer augest bill ( she pays half in hoilday) she said she still wonts the place and she bring the moneny up that was on the monday.

the child came on the wed but no money was brought
but the childs grandad borught the money up on thurday night and gave it to my dad (mum was in bed ill that night) the childs grandad boright £30 up in cash.

The child then came again on the 8th of october. my mum gave her the septmber bill. he then came again on the thurday before half term and no momeny was brought for septembers bill

Now when it got the end of october we sent her septmber bill and october bill in the post to her to pay in 7 days (we give bills at end of month)
the bill was posted last thurday and she got it last firday.

On firday she phones up asked if we can have the child on tesday moring
She then said that she has paid septmber bill (which she still hasnt)my mum told that she hasnt et etc the childs grandam says that the childs grandad brought the momeny up in setpmber for augest and septmber and that he brought £130 which he didnt he only brought £30 and she hadnt even got septmbers bill yet anywheres and augest and septmber bill would of have £160 all togather anywheers he women put the phone down on my mum

my mum then phoned her later with the dates which the child had been etc etc the women then said that she brought the moneny up on a day when the child didnt come which she hasnt.

anywhere it got 2 teusday she phoned up and said child wouldnt be coming
but phoned up on wed and the child came wed moring she never said a word

the chils came today before before and after school the womens son who we have never seen before brought him and she picked him up never said anything about the momey and hasnt paid still

my mum is 110% sure she hasnt paid my mum has been doing it likr 20 years now ans has never said someone has paid when there have. the last time there bought money was the £30 that the grandad brought up in septermber

she ows £128 for setpmber
and £118 for october (its less on ocotber as had 2 days off as was ill)

my mum asked her she she bought the money up but she cant remmber (that becouse she hasnt paid it)

so the story is she sayingshe has paid for setpmber but she hasnt. and becouse she pays cash not cheaqe its hard to prove she hasnt paid

if she hasnt paif by firday (tomrow) then my mum iis either going to do a letter or phone her saying we cant have the child again untill she pays.

if she wont pay for setpmmber we are going to termante contract

Spangles
13-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Is it the grandma that hasn't paid but says she has?

I'm confused!

How does the person pay you? Is it cash or cheque or voucher?? Have they got a receipt from you saying they've paid?

Hannahlg
13-11-2008, 07:05 PM
sorry edited post plz read again

and no we dont give a rescpt saying there have paid

but never had this problem before people saying there have paid when there havent

crazybones
13-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Its very hard for you to prove anything if you dont give a receipt. She probably realises this too.

sarah707
13-11-2008, 07:10 PM
What a difficult situation.

Just be aware you can't legally terminate the contract immediately ... you have to work the notice period that you and the parent has signed on the contract.

Before you go that route talk to Ncma / MM for advice as well.

Good luck with it all xx

Spangles
13-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Blimey that's a tough one. What a nightmare.

When someone pays cash does it not go straight into a bank account so you can check a statement?

I don't have any help for you I'm afraid except that maybe in the future you should try to be paid by cheque or direct in your account or get receipts for cash where you and the parent both have copies.

That's not much help to you now though is it. Hope someone else can help you and that you get your money.

Hannahlg
13-11-2008, 07:21 PM
will all the rest pay by cheaqe in a few days of getting the bill

and we know all about the 4 weeks notice inside out and upside down.

but we thinking about not taking cash jsut cheaques.

the bottom line is if dosent pay she will be getting 4 weeks notoice then she will be lost as child has allready been banned from after school club

1 child who has just before and after is full
1 new one who jsut started up is full allready
other new one is full allready as has own 3 kids

Blaze
13-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Think the lesson here is to issue receipts!:rolleyes: Legally the ownus is on her to prove payment, but think if you take her to court you will struggle as you don't issue receipts as standard practice, so she has no way of providing proof iyswim

Chatterbox Childcare
13-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I would talk to your legal advice but I don't think there will be much you can do as it is her word against yours.

Lesson to be learnt here is always count the money whilst payer is present, issue a receipt and both sign it.

Ripeberry
13-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Sounds like our pre-school, people saying they've paid but the havent. We just give them receipts now to show we received the payment envelope but then we have to see if the chqs clear:rolleyes:

angeldelight
13-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems

Hope you manage to sort it out

Good luck

Angel xx

Hannahlg
13-11-2008, 10:43 PM
well we have never had this problem before my mum being doing it 20 years

but we know she hasnt paid

i mean if she wont pay then she will get her 4 weeks ntoice

kindredspirits
14-11-2008, 12:51 PM
if shes trying to pull a fast one i think it might be worth saying you've had legal advice and CAN take her to small claims court for the missed payment - it might get her to pay you, but i do think in future you need to provide a reciept for cash payments. anna s

ChocolateChip
14-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Is there any chance the grandad is pulling a fast one, i.e. she has given him the money to pay you but he has pocketed it for himself?
Sorry to cast aspersions about someone I've never met but I just wondered if that could be what's happened.