PDA

View Full Version : Want to say a big thankyou....

miss mopple
13-11-2008, 06:02 PM
To mum2two's hubby :D

We both pick up from the same school (out in the back of beyond), and after that one I have to dash to another school 3 miles away. Was sitting in the car waiting for mindee to come out when my car died ( my own fault as I had acccidentally left an internal light on while hunting for some broccoli that had escaped the other night :doh: Though DH had charged it properly but clearly not :o )

Managed to grab J as he was coming out the school gates and he very kindly gave me a jump (ooh errr missus :laughing: )

I was only about 5 mins late for the other school pick up too :thumbsup: Didnt dare switch the car off when I parked there so had to dash like a loony while a friend made sure nobody nicked it, then took mindees for a lovely long drive in the countryside to charge it up again, which nicely killed time until they went at 4.30 :D

sarah707
13-11-2008, 06:29 PM
What a nightmare!

Lucky you knowing a man handy with his jump leads :D

manjay
13-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I know it's not funny but your post has given me a good giggle!!!!

Good to know there are still some good samaritans around

crazybones
13-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Glad you had a good jump. :laughing: Hope you dont have to repeat the experience.

Did you find the brocolli?

SimplyLucy
13-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I had to leave my car running on the drive once with a neighbour watching it whilst I did a playgroup pickup!

I then moved the car to school and had to leave someone watching it whilst I collected children.

We made it to swimming lessons that night but not home again as it had died by then, was off to Halfords for a new battery costing nearly £100 GULP!

Spangles
13-11-2008, 06:51 PM
I know this is completely off the point but I'm sure it's illegal to leave your car running when you're not in it. I have a feeling I read this a year ago or so because I often used to leave my car running to warm it up and de-ice it when I used to go out to work. I'd turn it on and lock it with another key and though that was fine but actually it's illegal.

I'm sure that's right.

Anyhoo! That was really nice of him to help you out and I'm glad you got it all sorted. It's awful when that kind of thing happens, really makes you panic - well, me anyway!

miss mopple
13-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Just asked DH spangles (he's a police sarge) and yes you are right so I have broken the law today :blush: Better that than be stranded again though with 5 kids in tow!

Maybe he'll feel the need to get his cuffs out later and arrest me ;) :laughing:

Spangles
13-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Oooh! You never know your luck! Ha ha!