PDA

View Full Version : What counts as overnight?

Schnakes
12-11-2008, 11:41 PM
As the title says. I had a lady phone tonight who is going to night school. Her kids would need looking after 5:30pm - 10pm. I think that I'll say to her they can come to me then I'll take them back to yours and get them into bed. Can I do that? Ive done that "off the books" for kids I mind on one offs when their parents have gone out for the night but I dont know about regular thing. Also - how would I implement EYFS??? I want to help this lady out, but all this officialdom is bugging me out.

Sx

cher25
12-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi, i don't know what the official status is on things really. But i have put down that i am willing to work up until 10pm at night if needed. I did that while sitting with my support minder. Actually it was her idea and i have decided on those hours for the reason you have had the call, or for parents working shifts. So i don't think 10pm is classed as overnight.

Heaven Scent
13-11-2008, 03:52 AM
No that is not overnight with regard to EYFS just do what you can for the hours they are awake.

jaytravis
13-11-2008, 07:12 AM
we were talking about this on a course i was on if its after 10 u need overnight care but if its till 10 still get over nnight care incase they are late

angeldelight
13-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I do not work over night but I have worked till 10 pm in the days when I was totally mad :laughing:

Angel xx

deeb66
13-11-2008, 09:38 AM
I do not work over night but I have worked till 10 pm in the days when I was totally mad :laughing:

Angel xx

You mean you are not now?

:laughing: :laughing:

Andrea08
13-11-2008, 10:21 AM
OMG working till 6pm is enough for me how you work so late ? i'd be dead on my feet.

how ablout 5-7 at yours as childminder through books then take children home and work it as a babysitter!!?
x