PDA

View Full Version : Baby P's Childminder

Schnakes
12-11-2008, 07:45 PM
I take it everybody has seen on the news about poor little Baby P. I wonder how the childminder feels, after sending the poor wee mite home. :( Its so tragic. I wish I didnt know about it...it upsets me so much, you know what I mean?

Also, I read the Guadian and there was one of thse "dont blame the social workers" commentarys which infuriated me. These people are PAID to look after the welfare of children - of course they must shoulder the responsibility for what happened.

Lastly - I hope the doctor who failed to notice his massive injuries is struck off. The whole thing is a ****** disgrace.

Sx

Trouble
12-11-2008, 07:47 PM
victoria climbes childminder was the only one who took any notice of the marks she had and the hospital let her go:angry: :angry: :angry:

crazybones
12-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I didnt realise he was with a childminder.

Minnie mouse
12-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I didnt realise this poor baby had a childminder. How on earth could all these professionals fail to notice this child was being absolutley tortured and as for the doctor not picking up on the babies broken back and poor little thing being paralysed from the waist down is absolutley disgusting. she should be struck off for life. and as for saying she could not check him over properly because he was miserable and cranky :angry: im sure she would be "miserable and cranky" if she had a broken back causing her to be paralysed from the waist down.
This childs mother and her partner should be tortured in jail for life! :mad:

MrsT333
12-11-2008, 07:52 PM
This is so upsetting, how can people do such horrendous things, they want stringing up and thrown to the masses,

crazybones
12-11-2008, 07:53 PM
I found this about the childminder who did report to social services

June 12 2007: Childminder notices a weeping and bleeding sore on Baby P's head. She also says the child is often unwashed, smells of vomit and always seems to be hungry.

June 15 2007: The childminder tells social services of a bruise on the boy's chin but they decide it is a pre-existing injury.

June 19 2007: A social worker visits Baby P at the childminder's home and sees scratches on his scalp. The mother takes him to North Middlesex hospital for treatment to scratches on his ear and scalp. She claims he has had an allergic reaction after eating red Leicester cheese

from here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/nov/11/baby-p-death

Trouble
12-11-2008, 08:03 PM
what a life that poor child had

i bet shes watching over her shoulder for the rest of her life as someone will find her :angry:

Schnakes
12-11-2008, 08:21 PM
The childminder then sent him home and refused to have him back because of said "scalp rash". :panic:

Ive looked after kids who were in care and I wouldnt care if they were hopping with fleas. Id have them whever their mum would let me have them. Poor poor little loves.

Personally, it makes me feel physically sick to think about it. It makes me so sad and angry. No wonder they wont release the parents details. They'd have a lynch mob after them.

Also - another disgrace is that fact that the jury were ORDERED not to find them guilty of murder. Thats justice for you, ay?

Sx

jaytravis
13-11-2008, 07:15 AM
the poor thing it made me cry to think what he went though
but i thought the whole reason for this big change was so that everyone spoke to each other and the story of victiora never happened again

Mollymop
13-11-2008, 07:21 AM
omg, the poor little mite. God bless him. I saw this on the news yesterday and it made me cry - how anyone can hurt a poor innocent child is beyond my comprehension! The authorities really need to sort themselves out!!!:mad:

childmind04
13-11-2008, 07:50 AM
It is so sad, i cant understand why no proffesionals have been punished for this, my dh was so mad at the fact stupid footballers who make silly hand cuff things get punished by fines but proffessionals not doing their job caused a childs life to be lost and nothing done!!!

Schnakes
13-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Considering the hoo ha ha made over Jonathon Ross and Russel Brand.

Anyway - as to Victoria Climbe - its the same council!!!

Sx

Pipsqueak
13-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Its so so sad and tragic that lessons have not been learned. Someones head has GOT to roll for this (apart from the scum who treated this bairn in this manner)

I'm sorry but makes me cry each time I read or see something about it - that poor poor baby.

Spangles
13-11-2008, 08:41 AM
This story is totally shocking and horrifying.

What makes it even sadder is the fact that there will be other little ones out there right now that are being tortured by their families and not being given any help. If parents don't want their children or are incapable to giving them a happy home why on earth don't they get them taken into care or give them to a family member to bring up? There are so many families out there that are desperate to add to their family and would give these children wonderful lives.

It breaks my heart to read this kind of story it really does, it's beyond words.

MrsT333
13-11-2008, 09:17 AM
it's all so so sad, I keep crying when I hear any more news on this poor poor baby, I just hope he rests in peace.....

Andrea08
13-11-2008, 10:31 AM
lets put ourselves in the shoes of the childminder,,,,,,,,,

we dont know all the facts about what the minder did or not do to help,

i have reported to SS and to be honest its hard work,

i felt like i was banging my head against a brick wall no matter what i said they just said "We will look into it" then nothing:eek:

i was on d phone every day i once lost my temper and said if some1 dont get ere today im taking child to your office and ringing the police and taking child to hospital where a SS oficer has an ofice!

ohhhhh this has not just upset me but got my back up :angry:

sorry x

Rach30
13-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Havent followed this story very closely as i would find it too upsetting. Have just read though that its the Harringay council is the same one that was responsilble for Victoria Climbie (not spelt that right , sorry) . It was that enquiry that brought about the Every Child Matters documents , have no lessons been learnt ??? How can this still happen ?? Thank god the childminder reported her concerns (i'm right in thinking she did aren't i ?) . All the other "professional" And i use the term so damn loosely , will have to live with there concensis. Maddening to say the least ! Hope baby P Rests in peace now .

Ripeberry
13-11-2008, 10:33 AM
That CM also contacted the authorities and did all she could do, but even then she was let down as well.
All i can think about is the sheer hopeleness that baby P must have felt, but then he must have had some love from the CM who looked after him.
At least then he was away from the clutches of his evil guardians.
Rest in peace baby P :(

yummymummy
13-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Haven't kept up with this case as get too upset when I read cases of child abuse but what I would say is, doesn't it make you sick to your stomach that parents can trump up allegations against childminders, usually triggered by a contractual or payment issue and Ofsted more often than not investigate the claim making the childminder feel like a criminal YET children at risk are ignored time and time again. To hear that people report this sort of abuse and that Social Services do nothing or the little they do is not enough is utterly disgusting. Why does it sometimes seem that the parents rights seem foremost and not those of the children. No one ever seems to be held accountable and time and again these Directors of Social Services say "lessons have been learned" BUT THEY HAVEN'T. Sometimes the way this country runs makes me ashamed to be called British. :censored:

Schnakes
13-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I think they treat animals better than kids in this country. Your dogs not eating his dinner you can see the vet the same day. Your kids got tonsilitis - pah, you'll have to wait for the next appointment.

If an animal is being abused to RSPCA whip right round there and the owners are punished and banned from having them anymore. Abuse your kids - ah, you silly little poppet, heres a pat on the hand and dont do it again.

Sx

emmagood
13-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I didnt realise this poor baby had a childminder. How on earth could all these professionals fail to notice this child was being absolutley tortured and as for the doctor not picking up on the babies broken back and poor little thing being paralysed from the waist down is absolutley disgusting. she should be struck off for life. and as for saying she could not check him over properly because he was miserable and cranky :angry: im sure she would be "miserable and cranky" if she had a broken back causing her to be paralysed from the waist down.
This childs mother and her partner should be tortured in jail for life! :mad:

i couldn t sleeping thinking about tha poor baby :mad: , how we who have never meet the baby care:( so why did all them people not help, what a worry :angry:

EllaBella
13-11-2008, 02:17 PM
The childminder then sent him home and refused to have him back because of said "scalp rash". :panic:

Ive looked after kids who were in care and I wouldnt care if they were hopping with fleas. Id have them whever their mum would let me have them. Poor poor little loves.

Personally, it makes me feel physically sick to think about it. It makes me so sad and angry. No wonder they wont release the parents details. They'd have a lynch mob after them.

Also - another disgrace is that fact that the jury were ORDERED not to find them guilty of murder. Thats justice for you, ay?

Sx

I read a little about this yesterday, its sickening, that poor poor mite.
why were the jury ordered not to find them guilty? (sorry if I have asked a silly question, its just that I dont understand) xx

Spangles
13-11-2008, 02:40 PM
I didn't understand that either?

Is it classed as manslaughter or something?

They should get life (and I mean 'life') whatever they are going to call it.

Schnakes
13-11-2008, 08:28 PM
I dont really understand it either. Something to do with them all blaming each other I think...cant really make head nor tails of it.

Looks like Harringey have "apologised". Well thats nice then.

Sx

FizzysFriends
13-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Its because there are 3 adults involved and there is no way of telling who dealt the fatal blow. Thats why they are being charged with causing or allowing his death, they all knew what was happening.

Nicki L
13-11-2008, 09:23 PM
I think its a disgrace - social services go from one extreme to the other. I have read on a couple of occasions over past few years that they have taken children away from their parents simply because the parents do not have very high IQ's. The children are well cared for and loved but the parents would be no good helpling with their education and the children have been fostered out.

Then you get the poor children who are on the at risk register and visited many times by ss, but end up dying a terrible death anyway = the system is all wrong.

RIP baby P x

Pedagog
14-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Just read that Social Services tried to let her keep her new baby despite being on remand for baby p's death, it was only because the police made a fuss that the baby was put in to care.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5149549.ece

ChocolateChip
14-11-2008, 01:40 PM
They should all be sterilised and never allowed to have any other children again!!!
Sorry but they do not deserve human rights after what they did, that is not human.
I think the childminder did try to report things, but was ignored, and at the end of the day, SS and HV visited 60 times and still did nothing, so she could have probably reported them every day and not got anywhere.

FizzysFriends
14-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Dont' think shes seen new baby for a couple of months now. Hope new baby gets to live with a new loving family and can have a happy life without having to live in the shaddow of evil parents.

Fairydust
14-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I was on a Child Protection Course recently with the Police and Social Services present and they started arguing with each other! The Social Worker said they aim to have children back with parents within 24hrs as they dont like taking children away from their parents. The Policeman said that some of his officers were in tears with some of the conditions that they had seen children living in and when they returned days later to check up the children had been placed back with the so-called parents and were living in the same dreadful conditions. How can this be right? It makes me so mad!

louise
14-11-2008, 05:46 PM
I didn't realise the mum had a baby. Poor child if she ever found out what her mum did.

The childmider was in the sun paper today. It says that she looked after him in his final 5 weeks to 'give mum a break'.
She also says she was ordered to report aany injuries found. She done this four or five times.
I read before that she didnt have him on one occasion due to the scalp rash. It says today that 'He had a large scab on his head which would weep blood. When i took him out of the high chair i had to wash the blood off.'

I still cant believe it. How can anyone not do anything.

Trouble
14-11-2008, 06:04 PM
I didn't realise the mum had a baby. Poor child if she ever found out what her mum did.

The childmider was in the sun paper today. It says that she looked after him in his final 5 weeks to 'give mum a break'.
She also says she was ordered to report aany injuries found. She done this four or five times.
I read before that she didnt have him on one occasion due to the scalp rash. It says today that 'He had a large scab on his head which would weep blood. When i took him out of the high chair i had to wash the blood off.'

I still cant believe it. How can anyone not do anything.

i also agree with this the childminder did report it and no one listerned

Pipsqueak
14-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Seeing the pictures of P - his actual face - oh that poor poor baby. It has sent me of into floods of tears again

Will be giving my babies an extra kiss tonight when I creep into their rooms

crazybones
14-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Seeing the pictures of P - his actual face - oh that poor poor baby. It has sent me of into floods of tears again

Will be giving my babies an extra kiss tonight when I creep into their rooms

I cant bear it. Little blond haired blue eyed angel. Just like my 3.

kindredspirits
14-11-2008, 10:20 PM
i know, he looks like my george. i hate this world! :censored:
i can't believe they said it would against the new baby's human rights to take her away from her murderer of a mother!!!! come on, idiots could run this system better!! :angry: :angry:

littlestar
14-11-2008, 11:55 PM
i think for social services to be involved and ask a childminder to have him during the day speaks for itself they didnt trust the parent and wanted her to keep an eye which i feel is bad poor woman to be put in the middle i would have been so heart broken i dont no how she is but i feel for her it is a cope out

louised
15-11-2008, 09:57 AM
From the many child protection courses I have attended while working as a community nursery nurse I have discovered that it seems that social services are more concerned on keeping the family together than the welfare of the child. Their reasoning is that any parents are better than no parents and think that even if the parenting is bad it's better than nothing. They will strive to place the child back with it's so-called parents as soon as possible. Where I can sort of see their reasoning I totally disagree with it. This evil woman who allowed this to happen had already been arrested more than once for child cruelty. Any mother who does this to her own child should never be given a second chance. Baby P would have been at an advantage because of his young age of being adopted by a loving family had he been removed from her care. Where child cruelty or abuse is concerned there should be a one strike and you're out policy, no second chances, children should not be subjected to this kind of repeated abuse just because SS want to keep families together

LittleAcorns
15-11-2008, 01:22 PM
It makes me so mad, I know we dont know the full stories, and a lot of parents just need guidance BUT

My cousin lived next to a family who had 9 children!!!!!! the parents were on drugs etc, you can see where this is going Im sure

reported loads

Baby died as a result of being given drugs to stop her crying!!!!!!!!!!!!! then the other children get taken away.

It is beyond belief that this has to happen before something gets done

Schnakes
15-11-2008, 01:43 PM
I posted my original post based on another newspaper story, so if she hadnt actually banished the child from her house then..? Also - the SS often place kids with childminders for respite - thats how I ended up with my two, bless them.

I feel so sad when I look at the picture of that little boy. It breaks your heart, doesnt it.

It also makes me angry that they try and keep the families together when it makes it worse for the child. I think that they would do themselves (the social services) a favour by paying foster carers proper wages for the work they do. Maybe more people would be interested in it. I looked into it myelf and for a baby or toddler I would get paid less per child for having them 24/7, feeding and clothing them than I would per child as a childminder for an average full time week. Much as I would love to do it, I couldnt afford to give up the minding to offer these kids a place in my home. Its just not financially viable. Maybe once my own kids are a bit older, I'll reconsider. Anyway, the point is - if they paid for more qualified, long term carers (and I do mean qualified - I know a foster carer I wouldnt let my kids be minded by!!) then it wouldnt be so damaging to the child to remove them from the family.

Sx

Annie_T
15-11-2008, 05:20 PM
i agree, i brought paper today and it has first picture we seen of babay p on front .. he soo cute,,, how can anyone hurt him or any child they are inocent people with a whole life ahead of them.

as my fella says people that can hurt children need a good beating them selfs (not it do any good) but you know what his point is.

Hebs
15-11-2008, 05:28 PM
stone the :censored: to death so they know how it feels to be tortured and die a slow painful death

RIP baby P,go play with the angels xx

Schnakes
16-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Its a shame that its not like the good old days when you had a proper community and someone would have a "word" with the parent/s before it got too out of hand.

Sx

RedDragon
16-11-2008, 03:55 PM
The little lad and the mum etc have all been named (including photos) so I imagine the mum is feeling a tiny amount of fear (in comparison with what her little one felt).

FizzysFriends
16-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Hasn't 'mom' been moved as shes was bragging about it in prison and they feared the other prisoners where gonig to attack her (should have let them IMO).

Michelle M
16-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Hasn't 'mom' been moved as shes was bragging about it in prison and they feared the other prisoners where gonig to attack her (should have let them IMO).

OMG havent heard that.

It says on the Sun website (I dont know if its true being the Sun) that Baby P's mum was into chasing men in the internet and watching hardcore p0rn. It also says that she brushed her hair before calling an ambulance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/tm_headline=baby-p-s-mum-i-was-drinking-large-vodkas-coke-i-was-as-drunk-as-a-t-exclusive&method=full&objectid=20900537&siteid=115875-name_page.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1925316.ece

RIP Baby P

Michelle M
16-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Baby P's mum has given birth to a daughter apprently whilst in jail and is baosting that she will be home for Christmas.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/uk-and-international-news/2008/11/16/vigilantes-hunt-mother-of-baby-p-78057-20898193/

LOOPYLISA
16-11-2008, 07:32 PM
So sad, poor baby, rip x