PDA

View Full Version : advice needed - looking after 3 x under 2's!

Flowerpot
12-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi there,

I'm not registered yet, but am trying to plan for all eventualities when I do start getting business in. I already have a 10 month old daughter (who will be 1 when I start minding) and I was wondering if anyone out there had looked after three under 2's at once, and how you managed the practicalities of this - ie, going out with prams etc. Any / all advice greatfully received!!
thanks in advance
Flowerpot

balloon
12-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I look after one 2 YO and 2 under ones.

On short trips the 2YO walks, anything longer and the lightest of the babies goes in a baby back pack and the other two in a double pushchair. You can get triples but it wouldn't work in my town - narrow footpaths and lots of OAP scooters on the paths, lol!

breezy
12-11-2008, 06:47 PM
ARE YOU MAD?!!!!!!!:laughing:

no, never done it!!!!!!!!!!!

roseybev
12-11-2008, 07:20 PM
the out and about double buggy is very light but new its nearly £300 you can add a boggie board to the back of it for the 3rd one hope this help .i had a triple buggy found it very heavy and could not get it shops very far .

Mrs M
13-11-2008, 01:15 PM
I look after 3 under 2's three days per week. I have a triple buggy where the children sit one in front of the other. In our town it's difficult to even get a double buggy down the path ways. I have a people carrier in which to ferry them all around! I collect two children each day and the other child is mine. It's jolly hard work and I love Friday night! However, it's also lovely and rewarding. My son has struggled to deal with the fact that he now has to share me and it's taken a while but he now has an amazing relationship with the little boy I look after.
What I do find difficult is when one of them really needs attention and the other ones don't understand. On the whole though I love looking after the littlies - the youngest is nine months.