PDA

View Full Version : OMG its happening again!!

emmadines
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi I dont know if anyone remembers the problem I with strawberry education?? Well Ive just had a call from another company!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14054&highlight=emmadines

the call went - O - Hello is this miss Dines?
me - Yes whos this??
O - its ***** again to call about your invoice that we sent you two weeks ago. (I cant remember the company name.)
me - an invoice? for what exsactly?????
O - you agree to place an add in our publication two months ago.
me - and how much is this so called add??
O - £200 + vat
me - Oh, well theres no way Im paying that as I havent agreed to anything to be advertised nor agreed to pay £200, i have been stung like this before by a company called strawberry ed ltd and Im not going to be stung again.
O - well we have a recorded conversation, i will go over that and check then.
me - well i havent agreed to anything, i have not contacted you nor initionally been contacted buy you. so i am not going to pay for this.
O - i will check the recording and call you back in 5 mins.
me - you can do that, I m not going to pay!
O - we will see, I will call you back

there is no way in hell that I am paying this, this time! on way!!!!! I did not call them they had not called me and I HAD NOT agreed to anything with them! :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

I have called the ncma leagl advice and the they have told me to get their details and post a letter asking for every deatiled conversation with them and the pre recording of this so called agreement!!

Trouble
12-11-2008, 02:28 PM
this is definately a con ive read about something simil.ar on net mums

i would tell them your going to get a solicitor and trading standards involved and get details including phone number and get the number barred by bt

i hate these sort of people

mrsb
oh Emma, I feel for you going through this again, I remember your last problem :(

Hope they are wrong, good luck love *hugs*

balloon
Do you think it could be some scam, somethig to do with the other company or an employee trying to pull a fast one?

I would be furious (and worried to death!)

Hope you get it sorted.

chez1373
omg this sounds horrid i hope u can get it sorted luv good luck x

Minstrel
12-11-2008, 04:12 PM
hi emma,
i remember the last time too it was awful and i cant believe its happening again.

hugs to you hun i hope it gets sorted soon x

Monkey1
12-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Do what i do with unwanted calls.......Have a whistle situated next to the phone and blow very loudly down the reciever!:D

Minstrel
12-11-2008, 04:41 PM
or give the phone to your 2 year old and let them have a good old natter!

breezy
12-11-2008, 06:22 PM
or give the phone to your 2 year old and let them have a good old natter!

brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twinkles
12-11-2008, 06:33 PM
My husband had this a couple of years ago.
Can't remember the name of the company.
They called him and said would he like to place an ad with them and he said he would think about it.
For the next few weeks or so they called every day demanding payment. Until I took the call, they said
'we have a recording of your husband agreeing to buy this ad.'
I said '
If you call again we will interpret this as harassment and will instruct our solicitor accordingly'
Funnily enough we never heard from them again :D

emmadines
12-11-2008, 08:19 PM
well so far they havent called back!! this is the longest 5 min ever!?!

Im just gonna ask them to hang on for two tics and leave them in a room which i see fit................................ maybe the loo? maybe the garden so they can listn to the birds??

Im not gonna be pulled in again!