PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like a bad childminder. :(

cher25
12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi, just need to vent some frustration after having a not so good morning.
3 year old mindee, mum has decided he isn't wearing nappies during the day anymore. I was on holiday last week and apparently he went to the potty constantly by himself and had no real accidents. Today however he had 2 accidents, the only clean trouser i had after the 1st one was his school trousers. Then we weed while standing next to me. So i couldnt take him to school, rang mam to tell her and she said that was fine and she would get her bf to bring some clothes round.
Children had their lunch and was about to have their yoghurt, when the 3 year old started playing with his thing. (hope you get what i mean as he had NO pants on) I told him not to, and got him down off the chair to go and wash his hands, at the same time as that i pushed the baby's high chair back. Next thing 3 year old is on the floor face down screaming. :panic: He burst his lip the poor thing. I feel so awful as i know it was my fault as i let go off his arm so quick and was hurrying him, that he slipped on the laminate. My accident book is really filling up quick, i feel like im not doing my job right at all.
Anyway i txt mam to tell her and she came round, she was at work when i had spoke to her about school. Turns out she was having a bad day aswell. She was fine about it, but it doesnt stop me feeling guilty. She asked if she could take him home with her. Im thinking about not charging her for this afternoon, as like i said it was my fault and well his lip is really swollen, despite me trying to stop it.
Soooo sorry this thread is so long. Im shaking with guilt!!!

son77
12-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Sorry you are having a bad day hun.

Try not to let it get to you. These things happen & as you say mum was fine.

Before you decide to refund her the money, just wait a few days, or until her next bill is due & see how you feel then, don't rush into it as it wasn't your choice to send him home.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. xxx

Raggydolls
12-11-2008, 02:18 PM
aww hun we all have bad days like that, she really needs to provide u with lots of clean trousers, underwear and socks, also pull up trainer pants too incase they are needed. y are parents so insistant that their LO's can use the potty at home fine but then the child constantly has accidents when at ours, which doesnt help their self esteem

chin up

leanne
xx

cher25
12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Thank you both. I was nearly in tears after writing this as i always let thing's that happen, get to me and keep playing it over and over in my head. I swear ill go insane one day.lol
Anyway with me feeling as though i wasn't doing my job well, i feel a lot better now and know it isn't true thanx to my 1 year old mindee.
For weeks i have been repeating the song row row row your boat to him and he does the actions aswell. Whenever he is on my knee he will grab my hands and start swaying. But today after picking his brother up from school, he started singing row row row. It's the first clearish thing i have heard him say in ages. And he understands the word sing. lol Just need to link it to eyfs now, somehow.
Anyway sorry for ranting again, but with the baby singing it's made me realise im doing something right. Long may it last!lol

balloon
12-11-2008, 06:17 PM
poor you, that must have been quite a shock for both of you. Hope he recovers soon and you calm your nerves.

If it makes you feel any better I managed to catch a LO's fingers between 2 wooden chairs the other day and she broke her heart (but luckily not her finger!). I told Mum and she was fine about it but I felt as guilty as hell for hours afterwards so completely understand where you are coming from re the guilty feelings.

Brilliant about the baby and "row, row, row" no idea how to fit that in with eyfs but Sarahnev is great at it so maybe she'll have some ideas.

Twinkles
12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Hope you're feeling better now. We all have accidents and we all have bad days. Don't feel you need to refund it was her choice to take him home. Just make a fuss of him when he gets back. ( maybe phone later to see how he is ) and ask for LOTS of pants and trousers. He may have used the potty all the time last week but I bet they watched him like a hawk. It's just not possible when you have other children to look after.
You must be doing something right for the baby to respond so well to you.

Deep breath and onwards and upwards :D

breezy
12-11-2008, 06:42 PM
we've all been there, accidents happen, cant be helped. mum wasnt worried, there's no permanent damage and you're stressed so try not to let it get to you.
sounds like you're doing great with baby too.
experience will give you more confidence.
take care x