PDA

View Full Version : time for christmas??

mushpea
12-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi wen are you all starting your christmas crafts etc, i was thinking of first week in december but not sure if its leaving it to late

Denise r
12-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi

I have started already! I have done a couple variations of Christmas cards and the kids took them home last week. We potato printed a penguin, finger painted robins, potato printed stars and hearts all with loads of glitter and a quite a few smudges! Don't know if anyone is interested but this is how we did it:

Potato printing penguins

Cut large potato in half, on rounded skin side cut two chip size flipper leaving a potato handle (hope this makes sense) in the middle.
Then paint cut side of potato black or whatever colour and print it.
Using chip bits for flippers, paint them both black on one side and print these on body for flippers pointing down.
Then cut another smaller potato in half and paint it white and print in middle of body for it's tummy.
When dry paint white circle for outer eyes when dry paint iris in middle. Using orange paint paint two triangles at bottom of body for feet and one triangle on face for beak.

Fingerprint robins

Paint finger tip brown and print
Paint other fingertip red and print on brown but towards the bottom
Paint other fingertip white and do small print on top of red.
I then drew eyes, beak, wings, feet and tried to make robins look funny e.g. pulling worm out of ground, robin footprints on part of the card.

Anyway hope this is useful to someone. I did this with 2 x 2.5 year olds with help from me! They enjoyed and were thrilled to take the cards home to post to their family

Denise

charleyfarley
12-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I was thinking of starting mine very soon as there's that much to do so if we do a bit each day it'll all get finished.

I'll be getting the xmas craft boxes down from the attic bedroom over the weekend ready to start next week :clapping:

Don't you just love xmas :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Great ideas there Denise :thumbsup:

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
12-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I've just ordered a load of crafts and activities from Baker Ross ready for Xmas as soon as it arrives we will start doing xmas stuff I think as will almost be end of november x

where has the year gone too !!!!!!!!!! :eek:

FizzysFriends
12-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Im starting 1st December, cos that when my first mindee starts, I can't wait. I love Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonfly
12-11-2008, 07:50 PM
probably the 1 or 2nd week Dec, just finished diwali, hallowean, bonfire night and we are doing children in need this week before thinking about christmas activities :eek: but it will come around very soon!!:clapping:

breezy
12-11-2008, 08:53 PM
I don't do Christmas til December!!!!!!!!:laughing:

beerheaven
12-11-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm planning on starting the first week in December. Wasn't working last December as I had new baby so have to make up for it this year - loads planned!! My hubby is gonna hate all that glitter everywhere - hee hee!!! :)

ruby
13-11-2008, 11:27 AM
we usually do the rainbows and guides xmas craft the last two weeks in November as we close for xmas the second week in December

so that in December we can consentrate on the mindees xmas craft

have sorted what to do for the guides/rainbows but not sure yet what to do

with the mindees

cathy