PDA

View Full Version : Environmental health

Minnie mouse
12-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi ive just read on bromley we have to register as a smallbuisness with our local environmental health office?? I had no idea, where do i start? I did send off for the folder and received it about health and safety in the kitchen etc, but dont remember registering my buisness?

balloon
12-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I phoned my local council, asked for environmental health and told them I was a a childminder and understood we now had to register as a food business. They sent me out a form which I filled in and sent back and I've never heard another word from them!

Now I just live in fear of them turning up just after I've made dinners for everybody and the kitchen is a pigsty and close me down , lol! :eek:

Pedagog
12-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Round here we have been told we have register 28 days before we start minding.

FizzysFriends
12-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Its 28 days here too, the form is on the council website to download and then they come out and visit. Thats in NW Leicestershire anyway.

Minnie mouse
12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Visit :eek: its bad enough having ofsted coming round soon. Thanks ladies :)

Minnie mouse
12-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Its 28 days here too, the form is on the council website to download and then they come out and visit. Thats in NW Leicestershire anyway.

I dont suppose you have the link by any chance?

FizzysFriends
12-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I presume its different for every council but will get the link now for you so you know what they are going to ask on the form

FizzysFriends
12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.nwleics.gov.uk/foodsafety_businesses/home.asp

You will see there is the registration form to download and then below that a link to another site which has booklets you can download.

Lottie
12-11-2008, 11:56 AM
We don't have to do it where I am....yet!...or at least that is what I believe to be the case.

samd35
12-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I called my local environmental health department and explained that I'm a childminder and understood I had to register as a food business. They sent a form out which I completed and returned to them.
I never heard back from them so I gave them a call and they said I'm registered and that was that.
I think we should get some kind of confirmation that we can show Ofsted that we have done this.
x

katickles
12-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah we have to register. Actually they rang me just last week for a telephone interview so no doubt they will be coming to check on me at some point :rolleyes:

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/23/2347/234769.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Jules27
12-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I have checked and no need round here (Suffolk) as yet. One more thing to worry about I guess??

balloon
12-11-2008, 01:16 PM
I called my local environmental health department and explained that I'm a childminder and understood I had to register as a food business. They sent a form out which I completed and returned to them.
I never heard back from them so I gave them a call and they said I'm registered and that was that.
I think we should get some kind of confirmation that we can show Ofsted that we have done this.
x

Looks as if we have the same EH office, perhpas I should give them a quick ring to make sure they got my form too...

Rubybubbles
12-11-2008, 01:19 PM
When I lived in Bedfordshire, they sent me out a questionaire to complete, I moved to Lincolnshire and phoned them to say I am moving, they said oh all the childminders files have not even been looked at yet:rolleyes:

I was also told in Lincolnshire I didn;t need too! Got a meeting tonight with my DO so going to double check

Donkey
12-11-2008, 05:20 PM
The problem is that it is a statuatory requirement of the EYFS, if an Ofsted inspector has this particular bee in their bonet on the day of your inspection then it could result in been marked inadequte in keeping children safe (worst case)

This is something that I will be quizzing my local childminders at group on friday.

SarahNev707 advised me to get a letter from someone saying that they did not want cm's registering, I would advise all to do the same...

Pipsqueak
12-11-2008, 05:44 PM
You can also get a free pack called Safer Food Better Business for caterers (make sure you ask for the caterers version)

Food Standards Agency 0845 606 0667
www.food.gov.uk

PixiePetal
12-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I registered with my local EH. As soon as I said I was a CM, she said you need the form then! Had lots thatweek!!
Filled in sent back and got confirmation letter back to file. No probs.