PDA

View Full Version : Where do you advertise?

Hebs
12-11-2008, 08:21 AM
i've been given permission to advertise in my local shop, at the chemist by my doctors office (she will put large ad in window and business cards on desk :thumbsup: ) and on our schools notice board

where else could i advertise??

samd35
12-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Have you got a Children's centre nearby? I put a card up in our local one.

x

balloon
12-11-2008, 08:25 AM
doctors, hospital, baby clinic, playgroup, library, schools, dentist, college/adult learning centre...

melanieabigail2004
12-11-2008, 08:34 AM
I've had a few enquiries from netmums recently which seem to be more effective than the ones I have posted in shop windows etc

Good luck

Mel

Lottie
12-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Netmums has been the most productive for me.

Polly2
13-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Best places for me were : Yell.com, via my website and my local CIS

singlewiththree
13-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I am just starting to advertise too. I got postcards from vistaprint and business cards, I have a website and am advertised on netmums. There is a thread onhere if you search with loads of sites to advertise online.

I have so far put the postcards in 2 newsagents and a postoffice costing me £7.50 in total for a month!!! so making sure I put it with my start up costs. My mum is putting some in the next local town and I'm going to 3 other places that boarder where I live as I figure people may travel through to get to work so if I advertise where they live they might see it. I'm going to the baby clinic to see if I can put one up there. I'm also contacting the CIS to find out where all the toddler groups are and going to take my children along and if they have a notice board pop one up there and also get talking to some mums about what they are doing and just drop in that I'm a childminder soon :) I only have one daytime space but need to fill it asap!

Kelly
13-11-2008, 02:37 PM
99% of my enquries come through CIS. CIS in our area are great they attend so many places to advertise their services, nearly everyone looking for childcare knows that this is the best way to find childcare.

K

berkschick
13-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I got NOTHING from local shops and I advertised in loads of them!

I had a few replies from Netmums and Also from an ad on Gumtree (even got a mindee from there!)

But without a doubt the CIS is where most of mine have come from.