PDA

View Full Version : Triple buggy broken....

berkschick
11-11-2008, 10:10 PM
.....And I have 4 age 2 and under tomorrow!!!!!

I always sit Ella in the middle as G is a scratcher so I keep her away from the other mindees in the buggy. Ella is the eldest one who goes in there (she is 2) so I thought it was just having the weight more in the middle making it heavier but one side of the frame of the middle seat has collapsed and the metal cross thing under the seat has snapped. I have rung mothercare who said to take it back (only had it since Feb) and they will get it mended. How exactly do I get it there with 4 little ones? I could take the car but couldnt manage all the kids and carry the broken buggy so they are ringing me back tomorrow to see if they can arrange to collect it.

But back to tomorrow ...... HELP! Lol

I is a very good walker. No way can G walk, she is a nightmare and very tiny for her age of 21 months, she is the size of a 10 month old. E is only just 1 so he cant walk. That means Ella has to walk to and from school tomorrow! She will only walk holding hands which will be fun with I walking and the other 2 in the double. Wish me luck!

It will please the other minders at school as they are always having a go at me for having Ella in the buggy still :rolleyes:

Blaze
11-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Have you a buggy board?

berkschick
11-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Yes but it wont fit on my double which is a Graco one behind the other!

angeldelight
11-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Blaze could come and help you

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry but I cant think of anything better ha

Angel xx

Blaze
11-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I was actually thinking it's a shame your not nearer you could have borrowed my triple.:rolleyes: ...used to have the same Graco LOL! Ummm will have a think!

Blaze
11-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Could you borrow another double or swap for the day, so you can use the buggy board?

berkschick
11-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Another minder at school squeezes a third child in between the seats of her graco double. Her son has also been known to be asleep in the shopping basket of it :laughing:

I have found the reins so at least Ella cant make a run for the road. She might surprise me, you never know.

I wish I hadnt got rid of my side by side double now as the buggy board fitted on that!

berkschick
11-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Could you borrow another double or swap for the day, so you can use the buggy board?

That thought just crossed my mind too Blaze!

A minder friend has a lovely shiney new Maclaren with a bugy board on the back. If the morning is a nightmare I will talk very nicely to her. Luckily its only today and tomorrow I need the triple.

Blaze
11-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Maybe a box of chocs too?!:D

angeldelight
11-11-2008, 11:27 PM
A very big box

Hope you sort it

Angel xx

lesley
12-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Don't tell them you use it for childminding. My friend had a highchair which broke after 2 months and she mentioned she was a childminder and they were really funny with her saying it had been used more than it would normally be - which it would'nt be, in fact it would be used more by a parent. Hope you not long without one.

Lesley

SimplyLucy
12-11-2008, 01:04 PM
My son used to stand on the footplate in the middle of my Graco one in front the other.

Not sure it did it much good, but for an emergency it was handy.

My DS was nearly 3 and DD was just 2 when I had DD2!

balloon
12-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Don't tell them you use it for childminding. My friend had a highchair which broke after 2 months and she mentioned she was a childminder and they were really funny with her saying it had been used more than it would normally be - which it would'nt be, in fact it would be used more by a parent. Hope you not long without one.

Lesley

Thanks for this bit of info!

My 'lovely' Phil and Teds Sport has a problem with one of the clips on the back unclipping and thus putting any child in the second seat in danger, so I have to return that to Mothercare too, must remember to keep quiet about being a childminder even though the pushchair has only been used for 2 babies for one month so far (not too happy it needs repairing so quickly tbh!). I did actually ask if the guarantee would be the same for me as I was a childminder when I bought it though and was told yes, but then the same sales assistant sold me a pushchair which didn't exist, told me the front wheel had to be unscrewed (and it doesn't) and one or two other things that turned out to be incorrect so I'm glad you mentioned it...