PDA

View Full Version : Crb

Minnie mouse
11-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know how often a crb should be renewed is it 3 years? and is it same for other adults in house? Do we have to pay for these aswell?
Many thanks :)

chez1373
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
I didnt even know it had to be renewed oh no...

I hope some one can answer your question x

Chimps Childminding
11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Not sure, mine has never been renewed!!!

sarah707
11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
If Ofsted want it renewed they will tell you.

At the moment they are not requesting renewals.

There might well be something new coming in next year anyway ... some new child protection Government initiative. Don't know too much about it yet but it will mean different systems for everyone and new checks all round if it happens.

Don't worry for now though! :D

Minnie mouse
12-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks very much, i heard its every 3 years so that must be untrue. I panicked as ofsted inspection soon and certificate over 3 years :)

merry
12-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Sorry, no idea, I don't even have one! I've asked Ofsted about it at my last 3 inspections and just get told they're getting around everyone eventually and to do nothing until we hear. My daughter's training to be a teacher so has one, my husband has one for his work and my son had one when he was 16, I'm the only one in my house not to have ever had one.

:)

mrsb
12-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Sorry, no idea, I don't even have one! I've asked Ofsted about it at my last 3 inspections and just get told they're getting around everyone eventually and to do nothing until we hear. My daughter's training to be a teacher so has one, my husband has one for his work and my son had one when he was 16, I'm the only one in my house not to have ever had one.

:)

have you seriously not got one? have you ever had one?

Sorry nothing against you at all but that is disgusting, that is one of the first checks they are meant to do when registering childminders:panic:

yummymummy
12-11-2008, 02:02 PM
No it's not that we don't have one, they were carried out but we did not get a copy. I have been minding as long as Merry and haven't got a copy of mine either through childminding, it wasn't given to you back then but I have since got a copy of my CRB through having one carried out to help at school.

yummymummy
12-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Actually on that point my husband was crb checked at the same time as me so we don't have a copy of that either but do for 17 year old daughter! In fact don't think it was called crb then? it was a Police check and was sent by social services directly to your local police station to be carried out. It quite often held up registration like today crb checks.

mrsb
12-11-2008, 02:18 PM
ooohhh I see, sorry misread it:blush: :)

marion123
12-11-2008, 07:34 PM
i had a police check and so did my husband but i dont have a copy of them my daughter is 18 and she got one done when she was 16 she has a copy of hers