PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me

chez1373
11-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi all,

Im in need of advice im going to leave my partner and move back to my mums its not too far from where i am now but how does this work with ofsted will i be able to carry on working with the mindees etc i understand ill be re inspected but will they understand its not my house and i cant go making changes to their furniture and things like that.

I would be hoping to get re housed with the council but i know it can take a long time for this to happen has any one got any advice for me please

Thanks

berkschick
11-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Im sorry to hear that.

I think OFSTED will need to inspect your Mums house and will expect things to be safe for the children like any other house used for minding.

I would think you will need first aid kit, smoke alarms, etc just like you have at home at the moment.

I hope things work out for you.

breezy
11-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear that hun Berkschick is right x

sarah707
11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh hun I'm sorry to hear that! Poor you! Hope you are as ok as you can be.

You need to tell Ofsted as soon as you are ready to go so they come out and see you fairly quickly.

Don't forget to let your insurance company know as well.

If you are going to carry on working your mum has got to be prepared to make some compromises. You need to talk to her. She'll also need a cRB check.

Sending hugs xx

chez1373
11-11-2008, 08:22 PM
So if i have fire alarms fitted etc i should be able start straight away.?
thanks for ur advice xx

Rubybubbles
11-11-2008, 08:24 PM
sorry to here your news, the girls have given some good advice so far.

if for any reason you can't get Ofsted quickly, could you mind in there own homes until sorted

chez1373
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
oh gosh i totally forgot about the crb checks #
my brother is 19 an he is always in trouble not anything major oh i dont know what to do...

berkschick
11-11-2008, 08:29 PM
We all know how long the CRBs take, I would get onto that straight away.

Is your partner at work during the day? Not ideal, but would you be able to mind from home while he is at work for a while until the CRBs sorted?

Hannahlg
11-11-2008, 08:46 PM
oh you could tell your husband to move out

chez1373
11-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Its his house not mine everything in it belongs to him.
He hasnt got a job he is at home all day i work 6 days a week and he is here all the time we dont speak anymore an its not fair on my son or the mindees.

Im at a loss at what to do really i need to keep workin as i dont want to let perants down. nor do i want to loose money.

angeldelight
11-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry to hear that

Maybe you could still work from home for a bit while every thing is gettiing sorted?
Would he be understanding enough to let you do that for a bit ?

I really hope you work things out

Hugs to you

Angel xx

chez1373
11-11-2008, 10:12 PM
To be honest ive no idea how he will take it and i dont think he would i will have to go see the council do u think they will give me a house being a childminder and ex army? with a son an no where to go an work?

angeldelight
11-11-2008, 10:14 PM
To be honest ive no idea how he will take it and i dont think he would i will have to go see the council do u think they will give me a house being a childminder and ex army? with a son an no where to go an work?

I dont think we can answer that I guess it depends on your local council and how big their waiting list is

Maybe you could sit down and ask him - even if he says no its no more than what you are expecting from him - but you never know he might surprise you

Angel xx

berkschick
11-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Could you look for somewhere private to rent?

PixiePetal
11-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear, brave steps being made by you.

I know my sister can't mind from her rented house - it's in her contract.

Would be different depending on where you live.

Hopefully Ofsted will sort you quickly, if you say for continuity of care for children it may help?

charleyfarley
12-11-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.

I'm not sure the council would get you somewhere that quickly so maybe you could rent privately for the time being but still put your name down for a council property. If you do rent privately tell them you want to childmind from the property, not all landlords say no, ours said yes.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Helpinghands
12-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Our landlord said yes too! Goodluck! :)

chez1373
12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks all for your help...

You know when enough is enough well now is enough,
Ive spoke to Ofsted this morning and i have to write a letter to them telling them where i will be living etc and also with a risk assesment too... as if ive not got enough to do lol

I also spoke with the council and they said just fill in the paperwork wouldnt tell me if it would be quicker as im a childminder and was in the Army.

I also spoke with our law center whoi were really helpfull they will try an help me out with the council they can give them a kick up butt lol
No dought ill keep u all informed and thanks again xx

Lottie
12-11-2008, 11:58 AM
That's sad news. I hope things work out for you! :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
12-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Im sorry, just wanted to send my love and good luck x :thumbsup:

sue m
12-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Me too, know how you feel, good luck love x

balloon
12-11-2008, 01:45 PM
That's really sad news, hope things work out for you soon.

I too would look out for somewhere private to rent, some landlords are ok about it and you'd probably get help with housing benefit to help meet the rent if you weren't earning enough to cover it. Try giving them a ring and find out where you stand.