PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Health Declaration form

Bex1
11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Mine had a statement from the GP about a knee problem I had back in 2000 now I can never ever remember such a problem neither can my husband nor my mum! I asked the GP to provide me with proof and I have a message on my answer phone to confirm the proof is ready to collect! I obv did have a knee problem :eek: Anyhow I am now worried that Ofsted will think I was hiding the problem but honestly I can never remember having any problem and certainly dont suffer from it now, whatever it was :rolleyes:

Do you think I should worry about my registration being approved based on this? Or do you think Ofsted will just question me about it and send me for a medical?

Bex

LOOPYLISA
11-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Sorry i really don.t know, how strange though !

Hope some has an awnser for you soon x

FizzysFriends
11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I was told by ofsted that not declaring things on the form isn't a problem. I called them to check as there is no way I can remember all my illnesses and time off work.

Mollymop
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I don't think you should have a problem with ofsted to be honest. How long ago was this supposed knee problem? If was a while back ofsted are not concerned. I had pnd in 1999 up til 2001 - that 7 years ago - I told ofsted inspector at pre-reg and she said she wouldn't have thought the docotr would even write it on my declaration form because it was over 5 years ago.
Well i had already handed in my declaration form and had put on there about my pnd and so doc put - "see sandra's notes, no reoccurence".

I think you will be ok. Besides, unless it was almost disabling, I wouldn't have thought a knee problem, even if you still have one (which you don't) would stop you being able to register as a childminder. xx