PDA

View Full Version : Sickness pay

dawnsalisbury
11-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I have a parent that is quibbling over the payment of sickness pay. She says why does she have to pay it. I say refer to your contract it's all in there you read and signed it.

Now my hubby says to keep her sweet I should waver it which I have done in the past. I find if you give people an inch they take a yard. Am I wrong insisting she pays it this time or should I back down and let her off again?

Dawn

Helpinghands
11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Is the time off for you or the mindee? If you, I would not pester them for the money myself as they have to get alternative childcare.

If the child's sick however, I would probably insist they pay me and explain your reasons..I charge full if they are off for a week and then half fees if their illness is expected to continue for longer. It's a 2 way street which they must realise...stand your ground!

Wiggly
11-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't charge if I'm ill as I feel parents may have to pay for alternative care and that would be unfair to pay double.

I charge full fees if child is sick. YOu are holding that space for the child so needs to be paid for.

Wiggly
x

melanieabigail2004
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't charge if I or one of mine are ill. If mindee is ill then its 1/2 rate and if their parents are ill and choose to keep them home then its full pay (you would be surprised how many times that has happened to me!)

Mel

sue m
11-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Stick to what's in the contract. They do take advantage if you let them! If you are sick and can't have her child then she doesn't pay. If her child is sick, you are available for work and she does pay. Don't let em walk all over you!!! :D :thumbsup:

Twinkles
11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I agree with the others and as you said she has signed the contract.

Chimps Childminding
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I do the same, nothing if I am sick (or not available), full if the child is sick as I can't fill the space (doesn't stop me feeling guilty though :blush: )

clareg
11-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I agree with the others. I charge nil if me or one of my kids are ill and full fee if minded or parent are ill....If it makes it easier tell parents they are paying for the space not your time i find that helps. just learning to stand up for myself too Cx