PDA

View Full Version : Late cheque again

sarah32
21-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Its so annoying, my mum hasnt bought my cheque again.:angry:

The arrangement is she gives me a cheque on the 19th of every month when she gets paid. This is only half her money and the other half is paid by vouchers at the end of the month. Shes is always late as well but she says she has no control over this as all automated.

I reminded her on friday as shes away the next couple of days with work. Dad is picking baby up. She was running late this morning and of course she's forgotten my cheque. She said she will get her husband to bring it when he collect baby but I bet he doesnt. I wont see her till thursday.

Im so annoyed Ive got bills to pay, she knew I was annoyed but I didnt mad as shes my only payer at moment.:censored:

I bet she would be annoyed if her company didnt pay her.

What do I do as she is happening every month, it may only be a day or so but Ive got to get the cheque in the account yet and cleared.

Sarah

carolinel
21-01-2008, 11:25 AM
do you have a late payment policy? If so, remind her of this and say sorry but as it always seems to be late you are going to have to implement this as you are incurring bank charges due to her late payment.

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I would be very annoyed

I am always excited when I get paid and can not wait so if someone did not pay me I would not be happy

You are going to have to have strong words with her

I can not remember now if you have a late policy but if you do not then do one and get her to sign it and say that you have been advised to do one

Charge her so much for every day she is late and if she has not paid by the 5th day tell her no fees - no childminding untill she has paid them

You need to get strong and put your foot down with this

I had this happen to me years ago and I used to moan about it then do nothing about it
Then when I did say something It came out wrong and very angry because I had basically had enough

Nip it in the bud that is my advice anyway

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
21-01-2008, 11:28 AM
have you got a late payment fee policy ???

I had this problem for the last 2 months with one parent inparticular, last month i put late payment chages on her invoice totalling £30 I think she will pay on time this month ! If you dont have a late payment policy i'd introdue one and start charging her for every day the money is late or each day till the chq clears like you say you have bills to pay too xxx

Ps I charge £5 per day and it soon adds up

emmadines
22-01-2008, 11:20 AM
have you got a late payment fee policy ???

I had this problem for the last 2 months with one parent inparticular, last month i put late payment chages on her invoice totalling £30 I think she will pay on time this month ! If you dont have a late payment policy i'd introdue one and start charging her for every day the money is late or each day till the chq clears like you say you have bills to pay too xxx

Ps I charge £5 per day and it soon adds up

ive been told late payment fees are a great way of making parebts keep on time with their fees.

is that per day after payment is due?

eg if 2 days late = £10 or is it per weekly/monthly payment?
also do you do it as 3 lates and then parent inccurs late payment fee??

am sorting out my policies and am not sure how its best done.

emma
x

littlestar
22-01-2008, 11:23 AM
i would also as everyone has suggested apply a late payment charge she wont want this to build up if she is struggling to pay this will get her act together :angry:

Banana
22-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Apply a late payment fee and USE IT!!!

I have a late payment fee and am yet to implement it as I am too ****** scared to!! I wish I had done it from the off as I frequently get paid late from 1 parent and it is so annoying!!!!

I am going to send out a letter when I get some courage saying that from now on late payment is not acceptable! :rolleyes: when that will be i dont know!

xx

Minnie Minx
22-01-2008, 12:31 PM
i agree with the others, implement the late payment fee, be firm and strong and remember if you don't do it now, they'll take advantage of you even more :)

xxx

Mollymop
22-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi Sarah, Did the dad bring your cheque round last night?
I hope it works out ok. It's not fair on you and it seems as if she is taking you for granted. I agree with everyone else, have a late payment policy, it might buck her ideas up!

Good luck xx

sarah32
22-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Dad did bring the chq, Im going to be more on the ball next month and remind her pay date is 19th and not 2 or 3 days later.

Lou
22-01-2008, 09:44 PM
yes but why should you have to remind her????

have you suggested a standing order being set up??

then you wouldnt have to remind her

Banana
23-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Glad you got the cheque!

I am supposed to get paid from a parent today who was supposed to pay monday.... its a regular thing being oaid 2 days late, kind of gets on my nerves now but my own fault as I always say, oh dont worry bring it wednesday.... why do i say that! This week i have had so many bills too that I have had to call 2 companies and tell them I'll pay them a couple of days late (i now will get late charges) because she hasnt paid - also, didnt get paid for baby this morning either, will bring it tonight but I like to get paid in the morning before doing any minding for them.... this way I wouldnt run the risk of being done out of any money. However I have every faith the baby's parents will pay as they are yet to not do so.

Sorry - went off on one. Once again, glad you got your cheque!!

xx

LittleMissSparkles
23-01-2008, 10:41 AM
ive been told late payment fees are a great way of making parebts keep on time with their fees.

is that per day after payment is due?

eg if 2 days late = £10 or is it per weekly/monthly payment?
also do you do it as 3 lates and then parent inccurs late payment fee??

am sorting out my policies and am not sure how its best done.

emma
x

From the due date I cahrge £5 per day per child for everyday they are late paying, and they have to pay the late fees on top of that invoice owee before minding commences

xxx

Tiisku
23-01-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm still waiting for my first payment !

My 3 month-old mindee started today, two weeks late but mum didn't cancel those past two weeks until night before. So I posted her the invoice which was supposed to be paid by yesterday by a cheque or bank transfer. Her school pays for it, she is supposedly going to pay me and get her money form the school but so far nothing. I thought I will discuss this tomorrow with her to find out if she would find it easier to pay weekly or monthly and then tell me which day each month or week would be the best ! I have to say this is my least favourite part of childminding !!:angry:

sarah32
23-01-2008, 01:31 PM
same here, I hate having to ask for money, I know im due it but still its hard bringing up the subject. Im also worried I upset my parent as shes my only one at moment.

Trouble
23-01-2008, 04:27 PM
i put a little note on the bottom of the invoice saying £5 a day for late payment if after 7 days nothing place is suspended until paid in full i also give invoices out 1 week before end of month so they know, has worked ok so far also cash no cheques:thumbsup:

Trouble
23-01-2008, 04:28 PM
same here, I hate having to ask for money, I know im due it but still its hard bringing up the subject. Im also worried I upset my parent as shes my only one at moment.

just be polite they wouldnt like being paid late.

deeb66
23-01-2008, 04:32 PM

I know what you mean and agree that it can be a really difficult subject.

I have however learnt over the last 10 years that if you let them get away with it a couple of times they then think it is accepteable to always do it.

As I said I know it is hard but you do need to be fairly strict and insist on being paid on time....after all if their employer told them they wouldn't get paid on time and that they would have to wait they would soon kick up a fuss and expect to be paid.

I do agree there are times when it is in your best interest to be lenient but to be honest in my opinion and experience you will only end up being annoyed and feeling resentlful if the parents continue to pay you late.

sarah32
23-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Im going to mention to her about setting up a standing order then we dont have to go through this every month. We tried cash and a couple of times she couldnt get to a cash point. (lets not even go there).:mad:

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Good luck Sarah

Angel xx