PDA

View Full Version : OMG Inspection time already!

berkschick
21-01-2008, 11:09 AM
OFSTED have just rung to say my first "proper" inspection will be in March :panic:

I have only minded for 5 days so far, I thought they would come out nearer June time.

I am worried that I wont have enough obs written up as I only have J 1 day and M 2 days.

Cant believe they have rung already!

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Do not panic

They are not going to be expecting that much are they if you have only just started minding - just make sure all your other paper work is up to date

Good luck and dont forget to remind us nearer the time

Angel xx

miffy
21-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Don't worry Debbie you will be fine!!!

At the moment you have to show that you follow BTTM but as far as I'm aware you don't actually have to have any observations written down (you will under EYFS) - it is good practice though so I'm sure what you've done will impress Ofsted.

I know several childminders who've got a good grading with no formal observation or planning records.

Miffy xx

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 11:22 AM
What age is the child you are minding ?

xx

berkschick
21-01-2008, 11:28 AM
J is 3 and M is 17 months.

I am a bit of a perfectionist and would HATE to get unsatisfactory :panic:

I wont let you forget nearer the time hahaha

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Have a look at the Birth to Three section lots of ideas there

Do you want me to send you a few things or have I already ?
If so just pm your email addy

Angel xx

miffy
21-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Can't see you getting unsatisfactory

Don't panic you will be fine

Miffy xx

berkschick
21-01-2008, 11:38 AM
You have given me some bits already Angel but anymore would be gratefully received, thank you!

This is what I do at the mo.......

I have a big folder that is divided into 12, one for each month. I printed off the 2008 festival calander, laminated it and cut it up into months which I have stuck to the relevant month divider. Then as I have found bits I have added them to the month. EG, I had some xmas bits left over from my own kids so they are ready and waiting in "December". Each month I will add the monthly and weekly planner. Also it is handy having your own child taking part in the activities as I have saved Ella's bits and pieces from the months activitys and kept them with the planner as proof of what we did.

Then for each child I have a scrap book where I stick pictures, drawings, photos etc of that weeks activity. I also write obs on post it notes throughout the day and add those when they have gone home together with some short obs of how the day has been.

The children have daily diaries too which go home with them.

I have had no training in B23 or EYFS so its all guess work! Do you think I am doing it right or is there anything else I could / should be diong?

Thanks

Debbie

While I was typing this Ella has drawn all over the inside of my planning folder :panic: maybe I should make an obs of that too! haha

sarah707
21-01-2008, 11:50 AM
You sound like you have it all totally under control...

Have a look at this thread here for more advice...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=219

Good luck! :D

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 11:51 AM
You sound like you have it all in order Debbie

Do not worry

Angel xx

bubbly
21-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Good luck Debbie :)

You seem very organised and I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm waiting for that phone call too! :panic:

manjay
21-01-2008, 06:40 PM
I wish I got a phone call!! My Inspector just turns up

amanda xx

Tily Bud
21-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I wish I got a phone call!! My Inspector just turns up

amanda xx

That must be awful Amanda x

manjay
21-01-2008, 07:25 PM
That must be awful Amanda x

I will let you know when it has happened!:eek: :eek:

amanda xx

ruby
21-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi amanda
i guess you are from Wales like me i am due one this year
have been getting everything up to date just in case
at least you know that once you have sent your forms back they will be out within 3 months

Cathy and Rachel

Banana
22-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh i couldnt bare them arriving unnanounced. I feel for you!!

Good luck Debbie!

I am sure all will be fine!

xx

manjay
22-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi amanda
i guess you are from Wales like me i am due one this year
have been getting everything up to date just in case
at least you know that once you have sent your forms back they will be out within 3 months

Cathy and Rachel

This is my first one and as I was registered mid November they have to visit me before mid Feb.

amanda xx

ruby
22-01-2008, 07:45 PM
hi amanda

this will be my second one where they come out unannounced
the first one was great its the same inspector i usually have she was here about 1 1/2 hrs spent most of that time watching us with the children

did asked to see some paper work but not as much as she usually does and they now spend more time watching and seeing how you interact with the children

i suppose as she has been coming for the last 8/9yrs she knows us pretty well. but it could all change this year it might be someone else as you don't know until they turn up at the door .

cathy