PDA

View Full Version : How many policies?

MissTinkerbell
21-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone:)

I'm trying to get as much done before I register and have started to think about policies. Now as a teacher I know that Ofsted require policies for everything. Is it the same with childminding? I've been on the NCMA site and seen what they suggest and have click the link on here to the BCMA and looked at theirs.

However what would you suggest was important and necessary and what can I think about at a later date? Also do I need to have these policies all in place for the registration visit?

Thanks

Melanie

Raggydolls
21-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi there and welcome to the forum, there is bit in the back of the national standards that u must have ready for when u start minding, i did not have mine written up for my pre registration visit. there is also another thread on here somewhere with a whole list of policies etc that someone has put together and kindly shared with us. have a look around u will find loads of other helpful info. chat soon

found the link for u to have a look at. dont worry about anything yet tho, your inspector will advise u if u ask her :-)

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=218&highlight=policies

leanne
xx

sarah707
21-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Well found Leanne! I was looking for that list too! :D

Raggydolls
21-01-2008, 11:06 AM
:-D beat ya to it, lol

leanne
xx

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 11:21 AM
I have put the list at the top of the policies section so everyone can find it easier

Angel xx