PDA

View Full Version : Fire drill please help

Minnie mouse
10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi i am planning on doing a practice fire drill with the children today but just wondered, if you should all stop and put your shoes on? as in a real fire you would not worry about putting shoes on? I know in when i worked in a nursery all the children would do practice fire drills and go outside in just socks? Thanks

PixiePetal
10-11-2008, 11:33 AM
We went out in socks !
If it was real there would be no time so thought this was more realisic. It's tipping with rain today so glad I am not doing one today!! :)

sarah707
10-11-2008, 11:41 AM
I have a problem with a little boy who refused to go out in the rain in his socks - he threw a total paddy...

So I was able to write that down as a problem and solve it by asking parent to provide slippers that can stay here.

he is fine going out now...

It's good to find concerns, then solve them - write it down and Ofsted can see you are thinking about things :D

Minnie mouse
10-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks, im going to do one today even though its pouring it needs to be done ofsted are coming out very soon and i aint done one yet i may put some old carpet down or a mat outside so we dont get wet socks :)

Pedagog
10-11-2008, 12:46 PM
To be honest as children's shoes are next to front door, as long as door was open I would probably slip children's shoes on, even in a real fire, if only to prevent further injury, obviously this would depend on age of child and location of fire, and I obviously would not faff about doing up shoe laces etc.

mrsb
10-11-2008, 01:12 PM
I did a fire drill the other day and it was hammering down, none of us stopped to put shoes on - not even me:laughing: . To be honest I wouldn't even stop for slippers I don't think, those couple of seconds is all it takes really isn't it :(

My lot loved it though. I plan to do the next one once parents are here as well just to make sure they go along with it too :)

elaineg
10-11-2008, 06:57 PM
We did a fire alarm a while back and it all went well until we went back indoors and 16 year old daughter shouts down the stairs would I have left her in a real fire, oops totally forgot she was there.

love Elaine XXX

angeldelight
11-11-2008, 09:02 AM
We did a fire alarm a while back and it all went well until we went back indoors and 16 year old daughter shouts down the stairs would I have left her in a real fire, oops totally forgot she was there.

love Elaine XXX

:laughing: :laughing:

Minnie mouse
11-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Fire drill went well, i kind of cheated as it was raining. i let the children leave their shoes on when we got in from school and then i did a fire drill so we didnt go outside in socks :)

Dragonfly
11-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I do a fire drill roughly once a month, and no I dont let the children put their shoes on! yes they do get wet socks some times but I do have spares so they can change them if they want to.:)

Pedagog
11-11-2008, 03:27 PM
My youngest son would not leave the house without shoes on, far to much for him with his sensory issues.