PDA

View Full Version : Toddler/play groups

hbomb1
10-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Morning all,

I was thinking about taking my mindee to a toddler group and/or soft play centres etc and wondered what everyone does with regards to the cost. Do you ask parents to pay for these or do you fund them yourselves?

I was assuming that because it is my idea, then I should pay, or am I wrong?

Wendy Woo
10-11-2008, 10:49 AM
I do go with 2 mindees and my own as its my idea i pay but one of my mindees mums insists on payin for anythin i do with her son which is nice so i only end up payin for 2.

If i was going somewhere big that involved a big cost i would prob ask for a contribiution.

A childminder friend of mine charges the parent if the child does under a certian amount of hours. Cant remember how many but i think that good idea.

hbomb1
10-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Thank you Wendy.

PixiePetal
10-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I pay for toddler group and CM group as it is one price for however many children I have. Anything else I ask parent beforehand. I always say this at interview and never had any problems.
If I was to go to local farm park more often than I do, I would suggest them getting an annual season ticket. Much cheaper in the long run. Other CM friends do that and it works well as parents can take them at weekends etc.

breezy
10-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I dont charge for toddler groups, childminding groups etc but bigger trips to a farm, seaside or anything i feel is more than i can afford to pay i ask parents to pay for before i go

CCJD
10-11-2008, 11:20 AM
For regular smaller outings such as playgroup, I pay. The reason being that if I charge the parents then I feel an obligation to go and although we do go most weeks there are occasions where I change our plans and I want the flexibility to do this. (For example if my own children are off school sick or if we are invited on a playdate or if it's such a nice day I want to grab the chance to be outside).

For one off, more expensive outings then I get a general concensus to us going and then ask for a contribution.

hbomb1
10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Thank you all for your replies. It has prompted me to create another policy (!) with regards to outings, toddler groups etc.

:D

madasahatter
10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I personnally don't ask for any extra from parents for trips out (be it toddlers or somewhere more expensive). I feel it is my responsibility how I entertain their children during their contracted hours and that if I want to take them somewhere more expensive that's my problem not the parents. I do always ask if they would like to send some spending money if we are going on a special trip as I think it would be a bit unfair for me to buy a souvenir for my son but the mindees not be able to get anything.

Rubybubbles
10-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I personnally don't ask for any extra from parents for trips out (be it toddlers or somewhere more expensive). I feel it is my responsibility how I entertain their children during their contracted hours and that if I want to take them somewhere more expensive that's my problem not the parents. I do always ask if they would like to send some spending money if we are going on a special trip as I think it would be a bit unfair for me to buy a souvenir for my son but the mindees not be able to get anything.

I am the same, my choice to take them so I don't charge them any extra. If it is becomign a problem, then I would feel you would need to revise your fees

Andrea08
10-11-2008, 11:53 PM
well i include all group and outings in my fees that includes the zoo,
thats why i get cross when parents say they dont want to pay for bank holidays!!!!!!!
think in future for the parent who is watching me on this forum ill start charging for every little outing i take your children on and do!!

i have paid for everything and parents still arnt happy?
it cost me £32.40 on last wednesday to take them out to a indoor ball park and i didnt get a thank you (Ever)

i would say it depends on the parents, i say all outings are included in the fees, but if on a full day out please give your child no more than £5 pocket money for gifts etc,

well sorry went off a little then but i dont think we can ask for drop in fees if we are being paid to care for the child during that time. x