PDA

View Full Version : update on 'need to let off some steam!

zoex
10-11-2008, 09:42 AM
well, there was me thinking that now i had given my notice, everything was going to get better!

soory its long!

the parent came this morning with her child, she hardly said a word until she had taken off his coat and shoes and he went off to play.

then she tells me that she is very disappointment with me that i will not be having him back aftr my baby is born and that she would never of signed a contract with me if she would of know this. she was not shouting but raising her voice in front of my own child and another mindee and saying i had really disappointed her.

in my notice i told her that i would have to write to ofsted asking for an extension on numbers due to an overlap and because this would mean that he would have to go somewhere else on 1 day aweek plus any extra days then i was ending the contract. i also put that ill need at least 6 weeks off after baby is born as my insurance company say that i need a letter from the hopsital/doctor saying im well enough to return.

she has said that i should of told her about this before i signed any contracts, even though i didnt know and was told the only thing i can do is write a letter ONCE THE BABY IS born asking if i can have both children on the day in q, and i only knew this when i had my inspection.

i tryed to explain that because of the overlap in days and the extra time id need off i felt it better for myself and her child that i end the contrct so that he can start off fresh with another childminder.
i said, i felt it that as there was going to be very little notice that i couldnt have him back after the baby once i got the letter from ofsted, i felt it best for everyone to end the contract so that she has 8+ weeks to find someone else to have him in jan.

she said its not good enough and i should keep writing to ofsted until they say i can have him.
she said i promised her id take him back after 2 weeks, which i never did and i would of put it in the contract if i would of agreed to this

i feel like im being bullied by her. im so upset! i really have tried to keep her happy.
she said that she had another childminder before me who used to go and do her nails and leave her child with people he didnt know, she said because im not willing to have him back after baby that i am as bad as the other childminder.
i think its very unfair. she said, how do i think i habve made her feel now that she has to find another childminder again.
i said 'how do u think you have made me feel being 8 months pregnant nd having this stress added to my life because im trying to do whats best for everyone.

i hope all of this makes sence. i just feel really upset now. she said she is going to phone ofsted and speak to them. i feel like i have done something wrong.

crazybones
10-11-2008, 10:00 AM
This woman is a bully. You dont need to worry about her any more. You have given her notice. I am sure you have in your contract 4 weeks notice. The reasons for giving notice are irrelevant as long as the 4 weeks are observed. You have given her more than that so that is very generous. She is bullying you to do what she wants but you have to be strong. I am sure once she is out of your life you will be so pleased you made this decision.

I dont think Ofsted get involved in contract problems and as you have given her the required 4 weeks notice then you are totally in the right and have done nothing wrong. Look forward to the last day you have to deal with this woman. :angry:

barbarella68
10-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Stick to your guns,4 weeks notice, you have given it,so stick to it, if she starts just say I have given notice I don't wish to discuss it.:mad:

katickles
10-11-2008, 10:07 AM
She is just putting immence pressure onto you to make you say that you will take her lo back after your baby is born.

You have explained to her that you are not able to do this legally unless a variation request is granted.

Personally there is NO WAY i would even consider asking as I could not & would not work with somebody who felt they could treat me this way.

You have done nothing wrong, she is just bullying you into thinking you have but don't let that happen.

You will soon have your baby who will take your mind of this nasty lady, so just try & relax & enjoy these last few weeks x x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/23/2335/233520.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

PixiePetal
10-11-2008, 10:10 AM
So glad you have given notice. She has just proved that you were right to do so and done herself no favours.

You have given her plenty of notice. Word will filter through the local CM circle and others will be aware of this bully. :angry:

Enjoy your baby when it arrives, hope you recover quickly and this woman is just a distant memory very soon :)

Lou
10-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I agree with Annie, this woman is a bully, and the only way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them.

You have given her notice, and that is the end of it. If she says anything else i would say that you have given her notice and explained the reasons for doing so (which you dont need to do) and you are simply NOT prepared to discuss it any further.

I personally would also tell her you find her intimidating and her behaviour threatening and if it continues then you will have to terminate the contract immedietly.

Ofsted are not interested in contractual disputes but if you are really concerened, you can always give them a ring and explain the situation.

Also i would write down all your conversations.

best of luck with this one, you will be well rid it seems xx

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Wat a bully, just wanted to send my love, chin up x :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
10-11-2008, 10:25 AM
What a nasty woman. As everyone else has said, you have given notice, Ofsted are not interested in contractual disputes and you need to tell this woman that this is the end of this matter and if she continues to intimidate you in your own home in front of the children you will have no choice but to invoke clause 25 (back of NCMa contract) due to her unacceptable behaviour. You DO NOT have to put up with her treating you like this.

If you can just tell her you are not prepared to discuss it any further.

She is trying to bully you - do not allow it. You have done everything to help this woman out and I think you have been very generous and patient. You are a GOOD childminder and don't let her make you think otherwise.

Big hugs to you xxxx

sarah707
10-11-2008, 10:27 AM
You must put yourself, your children and your bump first...

Take care xx

zoex
10-11-2008, 10:36 AM
thanks everyone. your right. im going to tell her that i have given notice and thats all there is to it.

even if i would of considered having him bk after my leave im not now. not after the way she was this morning in front of my children!

she just made me feel as though i was being unfair to her, when i know that im not.

i wasntr aware that i can end the contract sooner if she is being unfair so ill also tell her that tonight if she is going to speak to me like that agian!

i was really worried about upsetting her on friday but now i feel glad i did it and i jus cannot wait till this 7 weeks is over. i am already having him extra days evryweek to so its not even jus 3 days a week ill have to see her.:(

hbomb1
10-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I agree with Sarah, you must put yourself and your family before anyone else. Don't let this woman bully you into backtracking.

Take care,

Raggydolls
10-11-2008, 10:46 AM
i personally wud have just given her 4 weeks notice sweety and not a thing longer!! stick to your guns and do not have her child back after your mat leave fnishes

ungrateful moo that she is

leanne
xx

wendywu
10-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I would get your husband to tell her that you have given her notice and she is not to bully you in your own home. That it has been a family decision. Or the contract ends now. This might pull her up short. But you must not weaken.

You could always get the doctor to sign you off before the notice period ends.:panic:

Lottie
10-11-2008, 11:03 AM
She really is a bully. I personally would terminate the contract with immediate effect due to this and intimidation. You really shouldn't have to put up with this.

emmadines
10-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Like everyone has said she is a bully, if you were a nursery I bet she wouldnt have spoken to you like that.

Id write up a formal warning, telling her that her behaviour is threatening and abusive and state that if this continues then youu will have no alternitive to terminate with immideat effect.

she has no right to make you feel like that in your own home!I would also stop with the extra hours and stick to your contracted ones! at least then you wont have to see her as often, redusing the stress on you.

stick to your guns!!!

Good luck

Emma
x

breezy
10-11-2008, 11:25 AM
your family comes first you must do whats right for you and your family regardless of what she thinks or how much she bullies you, she is probably really just upset that shes losing such a good childminder and shes had all weekend to dwell on it! hopefully she'll calm down abit and the notice period will go smoothly

Rubybubbles
10-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I just want to send you a big hug ((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))

I can't believe she is being like this! You have done nothing wrong hun, adn you are NOT a bad childminder:mad: at her

I would give her 4 weeks notice due to her threating behaviour this morning. You baby and family are the most important things to you, and how dare she talk to you like that infront of the mindies:panic:

Hope your okay hun xxx

CCJD
10-11-2008, 12:58 PM
She sounds really unpleasant and to be honest I think in your situation I would stear away from trying to have too many more conversations with her. Like you said, the relationship between you is now broken down and it would take a very strong person to be able to go back to working for her again - I certainly couldnt.

I would be inclinded to write her a letter to hand to her tonight.

In it I would include to begin that I was sorry that she was disappointed with the service you offer. That you have tried to come to the most practical solution for all parties given some of the unforseen circumstances you find yourself in with your pregancy and giving her 8 weeks notice to find somebody she likes and can settle her child in with gradually, really was done with her child's best interests in your mind.
I would also point out that the way in which she spoke to you this morning, infront of your own children, really did upset you and that you feel it unfair to compare a negligent childminder who had her nails done and left her child with somebody she didnt know to do this, completely different to this situation, where, for reasons outside of your control you will be unable to care for her son long term. Had you know these circumstances earlier, you would have shared all information with her but at no time have you withheld information. .
I would conclude that it is important to you to have a mutual trusting realationship with the parents of the charges in your care adn whilst you have enjoyed caring for her child, as this relationship seems to have broken down you are giving 8 (or 4) weeks notice. Rest assureed that her child's care during this notice period remains paramount but the contract will be terminating on xxxx date.

Good luck with this - but I think that if this lady can behave the way she is now then you will only ever have more trouble later if you carried on caring for her child. What a horrid woman!

Andrea08
10-11-2008, 01:17 PM
is it the time of year ? Parents are becoming BULLIES!

well i think you have bent over backwards for this family and its about time you stop and think of yourself and your children hun,

if she dont like childminders any more thats good coz no one else will end up with her (and have to put up with her bullying) and see how she gets on with a nursery!!

good luck with your baby xxx

zoex
11-11-2008, 09:40 AM
well i had it all planned that id say we are sticking to the notice and thats it. but she is not talking to me now! its not SUCH a bad thing as its not like she has anything nice to say at the mo but i dont even know whats going on. last i knew she was calling ofsted but now she dont even say hello, jus stomps past me and walks into my living room, takes off her childs coat etc and then goes without saying bye. she was here about 10 mins this morning as her son was getting upset (prob know that she is in a mood with me, kids are clever like that aint they) i was trying to talk to him and she jus kept picking him up and taking him into the play area or sitting him on the chair. made me feel abit helpless.
its not fair, everytime i know she is due to come and get him i feel sick with worry that she is going to start having a go at me again! or maybe she just wont talk to me at all till he goes? i just want it all to be over with!!

emmadines
11-11-2008, 09:46 AM
well i had it all planned that id say we are sticking to the notice and thats it. but she is not talking to me now! its not SUCH a bad thing as its not like she has anything nice to say at the mo but i dont even know whats going on. last i knew she was calling ofsted but now she dont even say hello, jus stomps past me and walks into my living room, takes off her childs coat etc and then goes without saying bye. she was here about 10 mins this morning as her son was getting upset (prob know that she is in a mood with me, kids are clever like that aint they) i was trying to talk to him and she jus kept picking him up and taking him into the play area or sitting him on the chair. made me feel abit helpless.
its not fair, everytime i know she is due to come and get him i feel sick with worry that she is going to start having a go at me again! or maybe she just wont talk to me at all till he goes? i just want it all to be over with!!

maybe due to her behaivour it would be best to terminate the contract from today? you dont need this stress.

zoex
11-11-2008, 09:57 AM
id like to but im not sure that she would react in a grow up way. ithink she will make it hard for me. :(

Lou
11-11-2008, 09:58 AM
What is wrong with this woman???

I would tend to agree maybe you should terminate the contract immedietly due to her unreasonable behaviuor?

you cant go on like this its ridiculous!!

Lou
11-11-2008, 10:00 AM
id like to but im not sure that she would react in a grow up way. ithink she will make it hard for me. :(

Do not be afraid of doing what you have to, there is nothing she can do.

This woman is a bully and a control freak and probably not used to people standing up to her!!!

Are you with NCMA? why dont you give them a call for some advice?

zoex
11-11-2008, 10:04 AM
yes i am with the ncma, i think ill call them and see what they say.

crazybones
11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Do not be afraid of doing what you have to, there is nothing she can do.

This woman is a bully and a control freak and probably not used to people standing up to her!!!

Are you with NCMA? why dont you give them a call for some advice?

I agree with Lou. She cant handle the fact that you have stood up to her and she is not getting her own way. I think she needs a spell on the reflection step. :rolleyes:

Raggydolls
11-11-2008, 10:09 AM
if u are going to continue with the contract then i suggest u give her a new letter stating 4 weeks notice and refuse to let her past your front door, get your development officer involved hun if u dont feel u can do it alone or have your hubby with u

personally i wud terminate the contract today with immediate effect and get advice from ncma and also inform ofsted that she may have a vendetta against u and explain everything so they are aware incase she calls with a complaint

u dont have too long left and u need to relax b4 she puts u into early labour!!

leanne
xx

devoncm
11-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Id end contract asap too.
Maybe write a letter saying that you have tried to be fair and you are sorry she has taken it badly but you always put all childrens welfare first and because of this and her behaviour this morning by not talking to you even to just be polite has upset the children mainly her child and it is not a good situation to carry on with.

Or something along the lines, sorry not good at letter writing:blush:

You shouldnt have to put up with this behaviour

nannysue
11-11-2008, 11:27 AM
I just wanted to send you lots of love xxx and a hug. I'm sorry you are having such a stressful time. Sue x

Pipsqueak
11-11-2008, 11:38 AM
How ignorant of her and very very unfair on her child. I can understand her being upset - to a degree but she is treating you badly in your own home and you do not have to tolerate it.

Hugs to you hun - for your own sake, unborns sake and your families sake give her notice today and cite her unreasonable behaviour.

Give NCMA a call

Ripeberry
11-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Oh, poor you!. That woman is a bully, if you were working with her in an office or something she would be in trouble. I bet she has been blacklisted by ALL the other childminders for miles around because of her bullying attitude.
Bet she tried all of this with nurseries and they could not be bullied by her.
She sounds like one of those nasty people who like to corner lone workers as they can't stand up for themselves.
Can't you have a friend over when she collects? So that she can't try and bully you?
So sorry this is happening to you. Just be strong, we all know she is evil! ;)

katickles
11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
As part of caring for a child you need to be able to communicate with the childs parent for the sake of the child & she is clearly not interested in this happening.

How is she going to let you know info if she's not talking & is she even going to listen if you need to tell her something?

I hope you managed to call NCMA & they have given you some advice.

The working relationship has clearly broken down now so maybe it is best to just terminate with immediate effect?

Hope that you are alright? x x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/23/2335/233520.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

PixiePetal
11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi, keeping up on this thread as it could so easily happen to any one of us working on our own. :(

Hope you are sorting things and NCMA have been of use.

Look after yourself and remember the support you have here too.

:group hug:

zoex
11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
i have sent an email to my network co, i have tried to call her but her phone is off so i hope she will reply to my email soon.

my partner will be here when she comes to collect him.:)

i am just hoping that wen she comes bk today she has a better attitude towards everything so that i can work the notice without this trouble. fingers crossed.

LisaH
11-11-2008, 02:10 PM
So sorry you are having so much trouble with this dreadful woman!!

If you other half is going to be there when she picks up then i would also advise that you to end the contract immediately. Don't let her spoil the last few weeks of your pregnancy or indeed yours and your baby's health!!

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you. xx

melanieabigail2004
11-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Hiya

How dare this women behave like this :angry: .

I think either a new letter stating a 4 week notice period due to the uncompromising nature of this bully (probably best not to write that!) or give her notice tonight due to stress caused by her and get your gp to sign you off. It's just not worth it in your condition.

Let your other half deal with her tonight if she kicks off and if it were my house she wouldn't be stepping a foot through the front door. Child would be ready and waiting and then handed over.

Good riddance and god help the next childminder :)

Mel

Ripeberry
11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Good luck for tonight! And make sure you are not alone. Even if she started appologising i would still terminate as she has already shown her true colours and why should she change now.
Let us know later how it went.

balloon
11-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Hope it went well for you tonight.

Her behaviour this morning was childish and unpleasant and I hope she is a bit more grown up tonight.

Take care of you and the bump.

jaz
11-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Just catching up with this thread.

Hope it all went better tonight, do update us.

Take care of you and bump.

J
xx

zoex
12-11-2008, 09:20 AM
oh i wasnt brave enough to say it! :( :( it was on the tip of my tounge but it just wouldnt come out!

i really wanted to talk to my network co b4 i ended the contract incase the parent started to get ofsted or anyone else involved etc. i would of had my network co support.
if she dont get back to me today i will call the ncma and get their advise too.

i am very grateful for everyones support and advise, as i said before i would not have even been brave enough to end the contract at all, if it wasnt for everyones help.

part of me just wants to carry on like this until the end of contract but i know its not fair on the child. she is still getting all the information about him that she need as i keep a daily diary, but im not getting anything. i asked he this morning again ' has he been ok?' and she just ignored me.

has anyone else been in a situation like this before? what did you do?

littlesprogs
12-11-2008, 09:29 AM
oh i wasnt brave enough to say it! :( :( it was on the tip of my tounge but it just wouldnt come out!

i really wanted to talk to my network co b4 i ended the contract incase the parent started to get ofsted or anyone else involved etc. i would of had my network co support.
if she dont get back to me today i will call the ncma and get their advise too.

i am very grateful for everyones support and advise, as i said before i would not have even been brave enough to end the contract at all, if it wasnt for everyones help.

part of me just wants to carry on like this until the end of contract but i know its not fair on the child. she is still getting all the information about him that she need as i keep a daily diary, but im not getting anything. i asked he this morning again ' has he been ok?' and she just ignored me.

has anyone else been in a situation like this before? what did you do?

If your not getting information from her about the mindee then you need to end the contract sooner rather than later. What if she doesnt tell you something vital that you need to know?

give the ncma a call now and tell them that the parent refuses to communicate with you and see what advice they give you

cuffleygirl
12-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I did have a problem similiar to this a three or four years ago.

I was looking after a child who was 2 my son was 7 months, the mindee and my son just didn't get on, it became really stressful as the 2year old would bite, push and generally be violent if I so much as blinked. I told the parent of the situation her attitude was very much my child is a cherub and I pay you so get on with it, generally unpleasant.

On one occassion I looked after her son and he had a stomach upset (understatement) poo running everywhere out of his nappy and trousers and down my jeans. Contacted parent she did collect (says he'd done it this morning and she thought it was all out of his system). She tried to bring him back the following day and I refused.

She was so unpleasant that I terminated contracts. she also said she was disappointed in me! (looking back I can't understand why) she was a teacher and could make this statement in such a way that I felt I to blame.

I used the clause on NCMA contract about causing harm, for both his behaviour and illness.

She did report me to ofsted, questioning my ability, I also took advice re payment as I was being paid in arrears and she didn't pay (never again).

I have to say ofsted did get in touch and the complaint went on my record together with the fact that it had been investigated and found to be without foundation.

Ofsted were really good and supportive and soon recognised that the problem was hers not mine or with my care of children. Yes it was unpleasant at the time but its water under the bridge now.

Make sure you are up to date with your registers, payment and everything else, terminate with immediate effect, she is not a good role model to your family and enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy, without her coming into your home any more and good luck.

Lottie
12-11-2008, 10:56 AM
b4 i ended the contract incase the parent started to get ofsted or anyone else involved etc.

This would be classed as a contractual issue that Ofsted don't get involved in.
Worst case scenario would be that she contacted Ofsted and told lies about your childcare setting (have had this happen to me). Even if she did this, Ofsted would write to you asking for evidence of what she has complained about. You have your daily diary and I imagine other paper work in place, so that wouldn't be an issue. You would send it back to them and the matter would be dealt with. By the way Ofsted are actually very supportive.

As this is a contractual issue and from what you have mentioned the ncma would be on your side. From what you say she has broken the contractual agreement anyway. She has been intimidating, bullying, non-communication and making you stressed which in theory is unhealthy for you and your unborn child. I cannot see how anyone in authority would disagree with this.

I wouldn't be afraid of any retaliation, everything is in your favour. If I was you I would terminate with immediate effect, as I said before. Write a letter and hand it to her, seeing as she isn't communicating with you anyway. Maybe have your husband there, for moral support when you do it.

zoex
12-11-2008, 11:57 AM
i just called the NCMA the lady i spoke to said she thought i should just carry on until the end of the contract. she said that she hopes she will snap out of this behaviour by the end of the week and be more pleasent for the rest of the notice. she said that she is probaly jus upset to have to leave.

im glad she can not get ofsted involed because i have only been registered since jan and i dont really want to get on the wrong side of them already. the lady from NCMA said ofsted will only tell her what ive already said anyway so there is no need to worry. she said if she dont pay me or if she starts to be rude to me again then give then a call. ( i did say that i felt she was being rude already due to the fact that she is not talking to me at all)

so, if i use this advise, i am just going to have to put up with it.

Lottie
12-11-2008, 12:05 PM
i just called the NCMA the lady i spoke to said she thought i should just carry on until the end of the contract. she said that she hopes she will snap out of this behaviour by the end of the week and be more pleasent for the rest of the notice. she said that she is probaly jus upset to have to leave.

im glad she can not get ofsted involed because i have only been registered since jan and i dont really want to get on the wrong side of them already. the lady from NCMA said ofsted will only tell her what ive already said anyway so there is no need to worry. she said if she dont pay me or if she starts to be rude to me again then give then a call. ( i did say that i felt she was being rude already due to the fact that she is not talking to me at all)

so, if i use this advise, i am just going to have to put up with it.

Did this woman understand what this parent is putting you through...I think not!
The bottom line is that this is your business and the contracts are in place for a reason, to protect you and the parent. I personally would still terminate asap.

mrsb
12-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Zoe you really need to stop and think what is best for you and your family (and bump). Stress is not good for anyone, let alone being heavily pregnant.

ring your network again now and stress to them how urgent it is that you have some back up - that is what they are meant to be there for.

I too would terminate the contract immediately, well i would give her a letter tonight and say as from friday night you are unable to care for the child, state the facts as to why and let that be the end of it, tough luck on here if she has to stay at home with her own child while she finds alternative care, she has treated you disgustingly and you don't deserve it. If you had treated her in the same way do you think she would have thought twice about pulling her child out of your care? she'd be gone before you could speak again :)

Really hope you get this sorted love *hugs*

zoex
13-11-2008, 05:34 PM
well i spoke to my network co today. after stressing how bad she had been, she totally agreed that she has been awful but also said that i need to do at least 4 weeks notice!

i feel abit let down as i was hoping for their support, and just to be told to carry on until the notice is up is dissappointing. she totally agreed that i had done everything by the book and i was at no fault.

therefore i have written the parent (who is still not talking to me) 4 weeks notice as of today so that she now is going to have to find someone else sooner rather than later.

i am also not letting her into my house anymore and taking the child out to her at the door so she can not come into my house anymore.

i am glad everyone on here agrees with me and feels like i should end the contact now, although i do not feel strong enougfh to deal with anything she throws at me afterwood as i have gone against there advice. does that make sence.

she will be here soon so ill let you know how it goes giving her the new notice.

wish me luck!

crazybones
13-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Good luck honey. You know we are all behind you. Just shut the door in her face. :blush:

zoex
13-11-2008, 06:21 PM
well, she has been and gone.

i gave her the notice and she said that she has found a 'suitable person' to have him for the week after next so if i only want to have him another week then its fine!! :) :clapping: :clapping:

oh i am so relieved!

thank you EVERYONE on her helping me through this awful situation. :)

crazybones
13-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Oh well. At least she spoke. Well done for standing up for yourself and now you can relax and look forward to your new baby with less stress. :group hug:

Hannahlg
13-11-2008, 06:40 PM
well, she has been and gone.

i gave her the notice and she said that she has found a 'suitable person' to have him for the week after next so if i only want to have him another week then its fine!! :) :clapping: :clapping:

oh i am so relieved!

thank you EVERYONE on her helping me through this awful situation. :)

thats great lets hope you never have to see her again when the child leaves

LisaH
13-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Thats great you must be soo relieved!!! Hopefully her last week will pass without hastle.:)

Spangles
13-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Thank goodness!

I feel sorry for the poor 'suitable person' though!

I'm so glad that she will be off your back soon. What a relief! Can't believe how dreadful that woman is!

mrsb
13-11-2008, 08:03 PM
That's such good news for you:clapping:

Can I suggest though that you both sign something to say you have both agreed to finish on so and so date and that you are both happy that you will not be working the notice period.

I'm just worried that she will try and get you for not working notice:(

zoex
13-11-2008, 08:07 PM
oh yes good point. ill do that! thank you :)

Twinkles
13-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Thank goodness for that ! I hope you can relax now and look forward to your new little one. X

sammy
14-11-2008, 08:59 AM
i had something similar, i put up my prices, and gave 4 weeks notice to the parent for this, as my childminder cordinator advised me to do this as i had been undercharging, and she had enough money to pay (she claimed she was earning under £15k, so i said then she could claim extra money through the governement - cant remember what its all called) but she didnt apply for it so she must have been earning more, and always made out she had no money, so i charged her £3.50 (i think i put it up to £4.50 in my letter) Anyway she got all funny firstly because i put it in writing and not told her to her face! I had her crying and shouting at me, telling me that i was supposed to be a friend, and that she couldnt believe i was giving her notice,(i was really saying in my letter that in 4 weeks time the fees would rise, and obviously if she didnt want to agree then she would have to find someone else)

Then she gave her child to me dressed scruffy, and even had a t-shirt with an arrow on it saying "im with stupid" - it really wasnt fair on the child in question as she was a bit withdrawn from me as the parent must have said awful things about me. She then started to say it was cheaper to take her to nursery,so i said go ahead take her there - they dont work unsociable hours, go out and about to ball pits/farms etc etc Anyway i think we did 3 weeks then she was so upset that she paid me for the last week and went... never to be seen again - which is such a shame as the little one was such a pleasure to have. The thing is she was so controlling i think she didnt like me telling her what was happening,

She even arranged a wedding without her partner knowing and told me not to say anything!!! and about 2 days before they wed, he was told, he was so annoyed and was asking me if i knew anything about it!!!! god how awkward!!

anyway i feel for you, shes been horrible especially as your pregnant!!

ChocolateChip
14-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Have only just caught up with this so no help, sorry! Just wanted to say how horrible that must have been for you, I'm glad you are coming to the end of it now. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, and good luck with the babe!