PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Mummits
08-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Hello,

I just thought I'd say hello. I only registered last month and I can sympathise with a lot of what other newcomers have said about how you worry that no-one will be willing to entrust their children to you, and how difficult it is to put yourself out there and blow your own trumpet. I've also wasted loads of time showing round mums who have then either decided not to go back to work at all, or been unsuccessful with the jobs they've gone for, so I guess that's a lesson to be learned. But I have now got my act together and made a big effort on the publicity, and it does seem to have worked. I think I'm now as booked up as I want to be for now - might think about taking on more after Xmas. I have had one little boy for a couple of weeks now for two afternoons, though he's on holiday this week, and I've another starting on Monday full time, and his brother starting on Tuesday, also for two afternoons a week. Maybe I'll manage to get a little girl next time, though as my own children are boys, this does seem to make people think I should have boys sussed!

I don't think I've got any burning issues or worries at the moment, but it's great to find that there are forums like this to seek help from if something unexpected does crop up...

Best regards, Jane

P.S I'm not techie enough to have a sparkly name!

Spangles
08-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi Jane and welcome to the Forum!

Sounds like you will be quite busy already! I think it's best to break yourself in gently if at all possible as you need to get to know the children and get into routines and also get your confidence up.

Good on you, you sound like you're doing a great job with the advertising!

breezy
08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi and welcome :)

madasahatter
08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Hello from the dark damp north!

emler
08-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Hello & welcome to the forum

tulip0803
08-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Hello and welcome:)

Mollymop
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi Jane, welcome to the forum. you are in the best place for lots of friendly help and advice (and fun):thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
08-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Welome x :thumbsup:

beerheaven
08-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Hi Jane and welcome to the forum! :)
Seems like your business is growing well!!

marion123
09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
hi and welcome this forum is great and very helpful:)

loocyloo
09-11-2008, 07:01 PM
hello!

welcome, i just had to read your profile and read your welcome text, as from your name i was pretty sure where you were working! ( i used to live in the area !!!! )

your advertising sounds great. what have you done?

have lots of fun with your new full timer.

loocyloo xxx

jellytot
09-11-2008, 07:13 PM
hi and welcome, well done on getting your bussiness up and running so quickley :thumbsup: