PDA

View Full Version : Cant see the wood for the trees, help

lissy
08-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I am having a nightmare at the moment cant seem to deal with it in my head so am getting it out of my system and hopeing someone maybe able to help me.

Basically i have been childminding the same children for the last 4 years and 1 has just reduced their hours and another one will be in january, this is going to leave me short especially as our mortgage will be going up by nearly £300 a month on the 1st of december. I have tried advertising and looking for other jobs either to do as well as the childminding or instead of if needs be but just cant seem to find anything. I have no help so if i took a full time job i havent got anyone to look after my own children and couldnt afford care.

I could probably just about manage but 2 of the 3 children are term time only so any months with half terms in, i would not make enough money.

Just dont know what to do and its really starting to get me down and i cant sleep.

What can i do???

marion123
08-11-2008, 04:17 PM
hi please dont worry this happened to me this may i had 3 children then 1 moved away from the area another one lost there job so i only had the one left. I advertised everywhere got no phone calls for about 2 months then i updated my form on sure start then i started getting phone calls i am full again it was a worry but try not to worry i am sure things will pick up soon:)

christine e
08-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Hope things improve for you soon. I tend to think that the months when most minding work comes along is Sept and January so hopfully you will get more work in the new year

Try not to worry too much (it's not good for you)

Cx

Mollymop
08-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Yes try not to worry so much, hun. Easier said than done though.

I have my fingers crossed that things will pick up for you soon. Have you looked into doing something like Avon or a saturday job, etc? hugs xx

madasahatter
08-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Can I ask where you have been advertising? I would ask your local preschools and toddler groups if they would let you leaflet the families attending or put up a poster. Also any local playcentres. Schools and children's centres will sometimes let you put a notice up (but they can be a bit funny).
In general I would say that leaflet drops going to local housing estates etc are generally unproductive so save your money there and specifically target places where parents take their children.
Put a notice in your car and carry a stack of business cards to hand out to al your friends.
Now you've probably done most of that already but I wish you luck and hope you find extra children soon!!

lissy
09-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Thank you for you kind replies. Its such a worry isnt it, weve never had worry before just took the quieter months and cut corners a bit but withthe mortgage going up so much it takes up almost all my wages as it is.

Does anyone know if we took another part time job what would happen with the tax with us being self employed. Would we get taxed loads, i dont earn enough to pay tax at the moment and am slightly worried if i took a job that i would start paying it on the childminding or that they would take most of new wages in tax?? Anyone had any experience of this??