PDA

View Full Version : It's coming up to..........

Hebs
08-11-2008, 11:22 AM
that time of the year again....

Christmas

:clapping:

what do you all do in regards to your christmas decorations/tree??

i always put my decorations up on november 30th ready for the 1st of december but what are Ofsteds views about this??

emmadines
08-11-2008, 11:28 AM
that time of the year again....

Christmas

:clapping:

what do you all do in regards to your christmas decorations/tree??

i always put my decorations up on november 30th ready for the 1st of december but what are Ofsteds views about this??

please dont tell me ofsted have views over christmas decoration and trees!:rolleyes:

Hebs
08-11-2008, 11:30 AM
oh gosh no sorry

just i wasn't sure what their views were so thought i'd check :blush:

it's just i have finally filled out my forms to send off :clapping: and i have a feeling they'll come and inspect me once i have my decorations up and i'll be asked about them

mummyroysof3
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
just tell them by the time they get your registration done they will be gone anyway:laughing:

but i bet thats not what you should say, im just in one of them kinda moods today

i put mine up as late as possible and they come down asap cos between the kids and the cats i get fed up of sorting it out

charlotte x

sue m
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
ROFL Emma!!! Very good. Fair point though! Would it be dangerous for the lo's???? :panic:

I put mine up about a week before Christmas and take them down again on New Years Day. I've had enough by then and want to get the place tidy again.

FizzysFriends
08-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Mine are going up on 13th and come down the day after boxing day.

We are having a real tree (do we have to risk assess that).

Spangles
08-11-2008, 01:08 PM
We put ours up 1st December and take down day after New Years or New Years day if we are desperate to get rid of them.

I think with anything else you have to be sensible and take into account children's safety. Maybe do a quick risk assessment, that would be a good idea because you will do one in your head anyway so just jot it down and you're done!

I.e. if you are putting small things on xmas tree that could be choking hazard or there're lots of electric cables around for lights and things, tree being pulled over, etc.

Mollymop
08-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I Usually put them up in the first week of December. Last year I put them up on the 18th November!!!!!:panic: :blush: Hahahah

LOOPYLISA
08-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Think we will be puting ours up beggining of december this year as we are away over xmas, otherwise we get back new year and its time to take them down again :thumbsup:

don the duck
08-11-2008, 07:58 PM
mine goes up the first weekend n dec. cant wait im off shopping tomorrow for my xmas activity.

ruby
08-11-2008, 08:05 PM
mine go up when the 3 children are at home as they all like to put them up together - they are 25/28 and it has become a tradition that they put them up

i just sit on the sofa with a glass of wine and watch:laughing:

cathy

don the duck
08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
mine go up when the 3 children are at home as they all like to put them up together - they are 25/28 and it has become a tradition that they put them up

i just sit on the sofa with a glass of wine and watch:laughing:

cathy

bless that sounds nice. :excited:

mrsb
08-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Last year all our decs went up on my daughters birthday which is 18th november:clapping: :D I said i wasn't doing it again this year but I am getting itchy feet:laughing: I'm going to wait until 29th of november this year though.......I think:littleangel:

PixiePetal
08-11-2008, 09:47 PM
OMG another risk assessment!!

Tinsel, decorations, lights :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Put mine up second weekend in December and down after New years day.

Got an artificial tree last year so might be tempted to put it up sooner.
Kids (14 and 12 )will help with bits but it is my baby. Especially the old family pieces and the fairy on top!! :)

Mollymop
08-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Last year all our decs went up on my daughters birthday which is 18th november:clapping: :D I said i wasn't doing it again this year but I am getting itchy feet:laughing: I'm going to wait until 29th of november this year though.......I think:littleangel:

Glad I wasn't the only one! haha

fionamal
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
We put ours up either last weekend in November or first weekend in December, it depends whats nearest the 1st Decemeber as it normally takes us a whole weekend to get everything put up .

We have a load of outdoor stuff that goes up and then the indoors stuff aswell. Its like Santas Grotto here.

PixiePetal
09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Lots of houses on our estate do loads of outdoor lights. When parents come to collect children they often drive round to see the lights!

Mine are more understated. :) :)

Lou
09-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Dont put mine up til middle of dec as i have to have a real tree, cannot bear artificial trees (sorry)

I am also very fussy about my decs, tbh im a bit of a xmas snob, and i decorate the tree myself, i do let my children pass me the decs though!!:laughing:

Take it down on new years day.

Last year hubby said all i said for 3 weeks was "dont touch the tree!!"

Its silly but i have to have the nicest tree, its a bit of tradition with my family and friends, on the day it goes up i have everyone round for drinks in the evening..kind of like an unveiling :laughing:

tinkerbelle
09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
most of mine are going up next week (hubby is a big kid) we decorate outside and inside but tree goes up first of december
to be honest i dont give a stuff what ofsted say about my xmas decorations the kids and their families love them as do my kids thats all i care about
if they want to turn in to scrooges thats their business but ill still put my decs up:littleangel:

Hebs
09-11-2008, 09:02 PM
OMG next week??

:eek:

Monkey1
09-11-2008, 09:20 PM
OMG next week??

:eek:

That is what i was going to say ! I won't start my xmas activities till the last week in Nov. Tree will go up about the 1st . I will want to tear them down by boxing day but Hunky Monkey wont let me!

Twinkles
09-11-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm not allowed to put up Christmas decorations 'till 5th Dec DS2's Birthday is on the 4th and he gets cross if I do it before then.( he was due on Christmas day :rolleyes: )

I have to have a real tree and it must touch the ceiling ( old victorian house and has very high ceilings :D )

It's tradition for us all to decorate the tree together and then when they go to bed I rearrange it :D ( control freak moi ?)

balloon
10-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Mine are going up on 13th and come down the day after boxing day.

We are having a real tree (do we have to risk assess that).

I am allergic to real Christmas trees. If I am then there must be others so risk assessment may be a good idea. Presumably you'd have to do the lights and decs anyway... (sorry if others have replied, I havne't read down past this yet).

I have two babies, bth of whom are learning to crawl so our tree is going to have to go out in the hall, lol. We have a tiny tree which will fit on top of the unit out of reach so that will be safer.

balloon
10-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Forgot to say...

tinsel and risk assessments: my little sister got tinsel stuck between her teeth when the was a preschooler and had to go to hospital to get it removed. It cut her gums to blazes, poor little mite (she never chewed it again though).

Just a thought of something that could be added to the RA...

emmadines
10-11-2008, 11:22 AM
oh my!

well I havent thought about it but I can say that all my mindees are old enough to know not to mess around with "my" tree lol. I have one that I decorate (and rearrange when the kids try to help and the kisds have a smaller one in the conservatroy! plus they has one in their bedrooms:laughing: :laughing: :blush:

I cant wait to put them out this year, it will be my 1st christmas as a minder lol

merry
10-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I do a little tree that the mindies can decorate then pop behind the patio doors so the children can see it but the baby can't get it. My main tree doesn't go up til 19th when I finish for the holiday as I have a one year old who's into EVERYTHING!!! I've never known a child like him.

:)

buildingblocks
14-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I have three trees one in the playroom and one in the dining room both on cupboards out of reach of little ones in theory. My front room one is floor to ceiling and has glass ornaments all towards the top of the tree non breakable ones lower down. ALL of my trees go up for the first of December and come down on new years eve (I like to see the new year in with a clean house). in five and a half years of minding never had any problems but think this year may be a constant no don't touch with mindee aged 16 mths but it is still going up lol

Hebs
14-11-2008, 07:57 PM
my tree stands on the small table i have between my 2 sofa's

**note to self, soft decs at the front ****

marion123
14-11-2008, 08:19 PM
mine will be going up sunday 30th nov my kids help me but then when they go out i sort it out it has got to be just right i love doing the tree i have another tree its only a small one in the dinning room on top of a cupboard for the mindees i have decorations in the dinning room and outside decorations i love christmas and i love the look on the mindees faces when they see the decoartions cant wait :laughing:

louise
14-11-2008, 08:19 PM
I normally do it early. I made us do it the day we came home from honeymoon 2 years ago. The house was a mess full off wedding presents, washing and all the christmas stuff! Not sure this year as we have a 7 month old springer spaniel who loves to race round the house. I was looking forward to having a real tree for the first time but that is not going to happen with the puppy. The flashing lights will be a no this year as well. Last year we had a kitten who was forever attacking it. She even managed to open the kitchen door(which folds) and i came home to the tree on the floor i was not happy. Im guessing the same will happen this year.

kindredspirits
14-11-2008, 09:03 PM
my husband is a scrooge, he hates xmas and decorations - so mid december will probably be as early as i can manage it! :rolleyes: i have no idea where its going this year though, theres no room anywhere!!! :panic: